Which language is more beneficial to learn; French or German?

My daughter has less than 2 months to decide whether to learn French or German when she moves to secondary school in September.

She already knows some basic French but no German at all.

I don't know which language would be more beneficial to her in the long run. Once she has chosen she can't change.

When I was at school, I did both for 2 years before having to choose one. I found German hard and so did French.

I do I help her decide?

Actually Germany is a bit of a hidden gem for British people. It is an extremely interesting country and a superb place to visit. Also not expensive for travelling or hotels. The south is catholic and the people are more like welcoming latin types, especially bavaria. And the north is protestant and not unlike England.

The most useful european language I believe is spanish, as it is the second language of USA and spoken widely in three continents.

But given the choise of french or german I would choose German.

My daughter has less than 2 months to decide whether to learn French or German when she moves to secondary school in September.

She already knows some basic French but no German at all.

I don't know which language would be more beneficial to her in the long run. Once she has chosen she can't change.

When I was at school, I did both for 2 years before having to choose one. I found German hard and so did French.

I do I help her decide?

I would also say French as they tend to get the hump if you don't attempt to speak French whilst there, whereas in my experience Germans are a bit more laid back and happy to speak English to you.

if she is thinking of the future it would be more beneficial to learn one of the Chinese languages

Contrary to popular belief, China is not the most powerful Country in the world.

That would be the USA.