Virgin Media 30MB Fibre Optic.

I'm not very good at kicking off, but I gave them a call and managed to get a reduction from £36.75 to £29.25 a month, but I'm still not happy.

Just have to see how it goes:(

Just ring up cancellations, tell them you want to cancel due to the price differential and await their offers. Very hard to get anywhere with the Indian call centers, they have no power.

[edit]When I say kicking off, not really, never a good approach.

I usually just ring up with an apologetic tone, "very sorry and all that but I can't justify paying £xxx when it's £xxx for new customers. I'm considering leaving and maybe coming back as a new customer after a while. Is there anything you can do to avoid that by matching the deal? It's OK, I don't want the new customer discount, just the normal price".

I find they're usually quite accommodating.

Edited by Magilla

When I enter my phone number on https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status I get a fault listed:

intermittent connection issues on your broadband internet service

Reported on: Mon 07 May 2012, 07:27 PM

Estimated fix time: Tue 15 May 2012, 06:00 PM

Fault reference: F001989870

Doesn't show up when I search by postcode though.

Speeds are still terrible for me.

engineer came and went speed doubled, i am now getting an amazing 5 gig download!!! Pity its supposed to be 50!!!!!

Just ring up cancellations, tell them you want to cancel due to the price differential and await their offers. Very hard to get anywhere with the Indian call centers, they have no power.

[edit]When I say kicking off, not really, never a good approach.

I usually just ring up with an apologetic tone, "very sorry and all that but I can't justify paying £xxx when it's £xxx for new customers. I'm considering leaving and maybe coming back as a new customer after a while. Is there anything you can do to avoid that by matching the deal? It's OK, I don't want the new customer discount, just the normal price".

I find they're usually quite accommodating.

Ok thanks for the advise, will try that next time. The man tried to get me to take a phone and broadband package for the same price (£36.75) but I wasn't interested so I went with the reduction.

Same here but Birmingham gives a good result :

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1950990553.png

Manchester:http://www.speedtest.net/result/1950993483.png

Maidstone:http://www.speedtest.net/result/1950997845.png

Edited by Dozey

speedtest.net proves nothing, I regularly get lower speeds on speedtest.net but during those times can ALWAYS max out my line doing real world downloads.

You are better off using the software from here if you are running Windows.

Plus, isn't the reason people were continuing the pay the normal price for 30Mbit because it will be 60Mbit soon? By claiming a discount you will remain on 30Mbit.

Edited by AlexAtkin

Just checked mine and it's 28.02 Mbps download and 3.26mbps upload I'm in S5

engineer came and went speed doubled, i am now getting an amazing 5 gig download!!! Pity its supposed to be 50!!!!!

OOOPS, sorry just reread what i put and obviiously i meant meg not gig!!! I would kill for a 5 gig download!!!!

Checked this morning and I was getting 29 so it might be a fluke or it might be real. Going to try that software recommended by Alex to see whats what

OOOPS, sorry just reread what i put and obviiously i meant meg not gig!!! I would kill for a 5 gig download!!!!

Checked this morning and I was getting 29 so it might be a fluke or it might be real. Going to try that software recommended by Alex to see whats what

Things have nosedived again back to 2 :(

i have the same broadband and it gets disconnected every now and then. totally fed up with them.

ive been having the same issues, s9, 30meg superhub.

during the day its fine, around 6pm it drops.

spent two hours on the phone jumping through hoops with the offshore call centre, who in fairness were pretty good.

after doing everything they asked, including resetting the router (losing all the firewall settings for my server) and going into modem mode. they said, ok these tests prove its not your equipment.

theres no problem at our end so just wait ten days and see if it corrects itself..... bloomin nerve, im not waiting ten days, i want it looking at.