Did you work at Sheffield Twist Drill, Summerfield Street

desy

hi I worked at the Twist drill i think about mid 50s i was in despatch i left in 1961 and moved to Worksop to get married.Can anyone remember Mary Marsden red head she was also in despatch .Edith addy was there at the time.The boss was Bob Cliffe

Originally posted by fridgeman

can anyone remember a Diane Walton she used to work in the offices and her father alf worked on the shop floor 60s early 70s

sadly Alf is no longer with us.

desperate to contact Diane tried friends reunited :help:

someone thinks she married some guy named cooper john/jack/jim ? anyone shed any light on this.

think they used to live on bocking lane and sometimes stayed at a smallholding in scotland, he were always talking of emigrating to scotland.

• 2 weeks later...
someone thinks she married some guy named cooper john/jack/jim ? anyone shed any light on this.

think they used to live on bocking lane and sometimes stayed at a smallholding in scotland, he were always talking of emigrating to scotland.

getting really desperate now think this is the last resort, need to contact diane regarding her family, anyone help??

Don't know if this is the right Twist Drill.

But apparently my Great Grandad's ghost was oftenly seen at The Twist Drill factory? But apparently somebody told me that the factory in mention has been knocked down?

It's my Grandma's dad, His surname was Tingle???, and his ghost was oftenly seen wondering around the old factory?????

The ghost in the Brown Over-coat???

But anyway, an old colleague of my Great grandad told my granma about the ghost and she thought it was just old rumour, and got quite upset about the all thing, but a recent book " A ghost-hunter's guide to Sheffield", had a feature about my great-grandad in it, so my nan decide to write to the author "Valerie Salim" about my Great Grandad!.

So...........

Does anybody have any stories about my Great-Grandad's ghost???

Does anybody actually re-call my great-grandad Tingle???

Look forward to your replies!

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

The firewatcher stood, on the roof, in a metal contraption which looked like a cross between a torpedo and an "iron maiden" it had slits at "eye" level, so you could see out. it was not very big, about big enough to take one person.

PT

Follow the link to what your grandpa stood in during the war. It is a video of the actual firewatchers 'torpedo' he stood in. Sadley the building was knocked down years ago.

Dormer Firewatcher's Torpedo

getting really desperate now think this is the last resort, need to contact diane regarding her family, anyone help??

:help: :help: someone surely must have known one of these two people, anyone remember them, have contacted the sally army apparently they have a lost person/find a person section where for a small fee they will locate people for you, i'm just trying to be quicker in locating these people before it's too late.