Did you work at Sheffield Twist Drill, Summerfield Street

someone thinks she married some guy named cooper john/jack/jim ? anyone shed any light on this.

think they used to live on bocking lane and sometimes stayed at a smallholding in scotland, he were always talking of emigrating to scotland.

getting really desperate now think this is the last resort, need to contact diane regarding her family, anyone help??

Don't know if this is the right Twist Drill.

But apparently my Great Grandad's ghost was oftenly seen at The Twist Drill factory? But apparently somebody told me that the factory in mention has been knocked down?

It's my Grandma's dad, His surname was Tingle???, and his ghost was oftenly seen wondering around the old factory?????

The ghost in the Brown Over-coat???

But anyway, an old colleague of my Great grandad told my granma about the ghost and she thought it was just old rumour, and got quite upset about the all thing, but a recent book " A ghost-hunter's guide to Sheffield", had a feature about my great-grandad in it, so my nan decide to write to the author "Valerie Salim" about my Great Grandad!.

So...........

Does anybody have any stories about my Great-Grandad's ghost???

Does anybody actually re-call my great-grandad Tingle???

Look forward to your replies!

Matt

The firewatcher stood, on the roof, in a metal contraption which looked like a cross between a torpedo and an "iron maiden" it had slits at "eye" level, so you could see out. it was not very big, about big enough to take one person.

PT

Follow the link to what your grandpa stood in during the war. It is a video of the actual firewatchers 'torpedo' he stood in. Sadley the building was knocked down years ago.

Dormer Firewatcher's Torpedo

getting really desperate now think this is the last resort, need to contact diane regarding her family, anyone help??

:help: :help: someone surely must have known one of these two people, anyone remember them, have contacted the sally army apparently they have a lost person/find a person section where for a small fee they will locate people for you, i'm just trying to be quicker in locating these people before it's too late.

james neil?? anyone know ray or wayne bridges?

Yes - Ray retired years ago, Wayne is still there. Spoke to him just a couple of days ago.

:help: :help: :help:

urgent due to one of the family in hospital (hdu) so anyone with any info please pm

thanks last orders, been on all weekend to no avail.

reason for trying to contact Diane or John family member in hospital, doctors have given us no hope so it,s just a matter of time.

My mother and father (Nellie & Jack Copeland) worked there for a number of years in the 50's and 60's. Dad was a fitter and turner, Mum worked in the office.

I'd previously worked at Martins Dry Cleaners, Fitzalan Square but Mum and Dad thought I'd be better off working where they were.

I found the work a bit boring as it was mainly paper work so after 12 months duty returned to my previous job at Martins.

Dad got his 25 years service watch in 1970. He and Mum have since passed away - 1970's.

I worked there first as a drill straightener and then as a painter,my brother worked there as a fitter.Dormer owned it then,bloody awful place,what I would imagine prison to be like.

My brother told me a story about his foreman always going round to the toilets to see if the fitters were skiving off. One day my brother found an old pair of wellies and put them in front of the pew then locked the door with a bit of wire. The foreman was going spare in and out of the bog shouting names and threats until finally he came out of the toilet and discovered all the fitters present but the wellies still there.

I worked there first as a drill straightener and then as a painter,my brother worked there as a fitter.Dormer owned it then,bloody awful place,what I would imagine prison to be like.

My brother told me a story about his foreman always going round to the toilets to see if the fitters were skiving off. One day my brother found an old pair of wellies and put them in front of the pew then locked the door with a bit of wire. The foreman was going spare in and out of the bog shouting names and threats until finally he came out of the toilet and discovered all the fitters present but the wellies still there.

That sounds like the perfect April fool joke to play on someone! lol

PT

Did you work? when the painters were Jim Smith,Charlie Smith and Herbert Buckley (ex-Father in Law).