Did you work at Sheffield Twist Drill, Summerfield Street

Hi,

Dad worked for Twist Drill, he was Bob Cliffe. He was santa at the kids do.

Anybody rememeber Jack Glossop from Pentonville St., he died very young from asthma or some lung related problem. Jack was always happy, always smiling except when his problem really got bad then he went quiet for a while.

Did you work at twist drill at anytime. I worked in work study from 1969 to 1978. My former Bosses were Maurice Owens and Pat Hopwood.

I new a boy went to work there when he left school Peter Walker late 1950's.

I lived round the corner from Summerfield St on Fentonville St. until 1962

Hi, I started work as an apprentice fitter in 1959, an stayed at Dormer until I migrated to Australia in 1965. I had a great life at the Twist Drill, many fond memories, especially the Annual parties and football teams.

I still visit Sheffield every year or two these days.

Just for the record, Alan Bothamley was in the same soccer team as me for several years (still have a photograph of team c1963 actually) and he was a wonder chap. He was about 10 years older than me, and was always like a second father to me. Take care, hope that someone out there might remember me.

Regards Keith Mills

I worked in IT department from 1984 to 1991; some good memories from that time... devestated to see what has become of the company since... a shame...

Both my Mum & Day worked at Twist Drill, Joyce and Roy Ashbee, anyone remember them ?

My dad who was also an artist, regularly had photos of his paintings on the back of the magazine and he was part of the snooker team

I always went to the twist drill christmas party

Worked at Dormer(worksop)84 to closing 2007,everyone moaned about the place but all ex employees who I've met since can't say anything but good about it,they now live in the real world.

my stepdad bless his soul Fred Atherton Sadly passed six yesrs ago this month gave many years service to twist drill/ dormer tools also had many a good tale to tell.

my stepdad bless his soul Fred Atherton Sadly passed six yesrs ago this month gave many years service to twist drill/ dormer tools also had many a good tale to tell.

I was in work study and studued Fred many times good bloke always ready for a laugh. Sorry to hear of his passing

I new a boy went to work there when he left school Peter Walker late 1950's.

I lived round the corner from Summerfield St on Fentonville St. until 1962

hiya the only one i knew who worked at twist drill summerfield street was the dad of a mate of mine at school and later his name was charlie gregory, he had three children charlie jnr, ron my pal, and rita, charlie was a keen motor cyclist he could strip a bike and re build it.this was 40s/50s

anyone remember big Kevin, worked in accounts late 80's. I heard he got fired for doing a firm's fanzine that went a bit close to the knuckle. Years later I met someone who worked at tinsley wire, reckoned he did same there .. what a character

I worked at twist drill from 1972 to 1989, I worked in the grinders round the corner from the roll forge the grinders were, DICK SHEPHERD, HAROLD DOUGHTY AND SOME OTHERS , Iv'e forgotten their names and I also new many on the roll forge as well.