Did you work at Sheffield Twist Drill, Summerfield Street

Do you remeber Tomy Nicoll of Kelvin

can you plz tell me if you knew bashir ahmed and abdul rashid.

thankyou

I knew Bashir. Lovely man.

Anyone reading this thread remember James White.. Jimmy? I think he worked there in the 70's and early 80's.

Someone mentioned the works study group, and Pat Hopwood in an earlier message. Didn't he finish up getting locked up?

Yes something about creaming offmoney from dealing with scrap metal from Aldridge tools (I still have the page from the STAR). also it was also thought that he had some connection over the accountant at the time being shot in Hathersage.

Don't think Electricians had anyone to form a five a side team, the few younger "sparkies" were more interested in fishing!

I used to work under Bob Cliffe and a guy called Ken in despatch in the 50s.is that after your time:thumbsup:

I was at Twist Drill from 67-72. Started in CSD under Bob Cliffe in the old offices, and then we moved to the new block. Also worked for a while in "The School" down the road. The only Ken that springs to mind is Ken Mercer, who was always in CSD when I was there. It was rumoured at the time that he had a bit of a thing going with Christine Moss.

Don't think Electricians had anyone to form a five a side team, the few younger "sparkies" were more interested in fishing!

aaaaaargh like a dagger through the heart. Being multi skilled and super fit, the younger tricians had a variety of sporting interests. Fishing, squash, footy, chess, table tennis. And still found time to keep all the machines, (and lights) working.

my father worked there for donkeys years until he was taken away from us tragically

he was joseph wright (foreman)

Did you work at twist drill at anytime. I worked in work study from 1969 to 1978. My former Bosses were Maurice Owens and Pat Hopwood.

my father was a foreman for donkeys years until he was killed.

his name was joseph wright ring any bells

Did he work in the wire mill ?

yes i believe he did until he took his life, he was there for years and years and never bunked off as we remember as kids.one memory we had was him coming home sticking of the hops or something from the brewery

hi, plain talker when you said earlier you knew a barrel maker called cooper it wouldn`t be eric cooper by any chance would it?

Eric Cooper (formerly a Cooper !) is my father and lives in Norton Lees