Did you work at Sheffield Twist Drill, Summerfield Street

I can't remeber any names except Striker who painted the machines hence the name,a striker is a radiator brush which he used all the time. The boss was a little fat man with short trousers. My mates worked there Pete Elliott,Jack Glossop (died young) and Derek Nicholson all off Fentonville St.This was around '50-51.:D

My mother and father (Nellie & Jack Copeland) worked there for a number of years in the 50's and 60's. Dad was a fitter and turner, Mum worked in the office.

I'd previously worked at Martins Dry Cleaners, Fitzalan Square but Mum and Dad thought I'd be better off working where they were.

I found the work a bit boring as it was mainly paper work so after 12 months duty returned to my previous job at Martins.

Dad got his 25 years service watch in 1970. He and Mum have since passed away - 1970's.

Yes making twist drills is boring,mind it's meant to be.

thanks last orders, been on all weekend to no avail.

reason for trying to contact Diane or John family member in hospital, doctors have given us no hope so it,s just a matter of time.

family member sadly passed away on saturday evening in the macmillan palative care unit at the northern genral hospital, staff fantastic.

never did contact Diane, sad really. :(

my dad was CEx there until he died in 1970s - Norman Waple. What was he like to work for?

He was ok Aidrian

my dad was CEx there until he died in 1970s - Norman Waple. What was he like to work for?

I'll ask Big Den to let you know.

I didnt work directly for Norman Waple, But I can tell you that as far as I`m aware he had the interests of STD close to his heart and under his stewardship strove to keep independant control of the company even though it was owned by SKF. It was after he died that everything went to pot. Big D.

Snout. - Big D. - Was in the perfect position to judge and know your late father. - Never be in any doubt. - Bert Smith

family member sadly passed away on saturday evening in the macmillan palative care unit at the northern genral hospital, staff fantastic.

never did contact Diane, sad really. :(

would still like to contact diane walton or cooper even through a third party,

funeral on tuesday 7th november at the south chappel grenoside at 11.30.

Don't know if this is the right Twist Drill.

But apparently my Great Grandad's ghost was oftenly seen at The Twist Drill factory? But apparently somebody told me that the factory in mention has been knocked down?

It's my Grandma's dad, His surname was Tingle???, and his ghost was oftenly seen wondering around the old factory?????

The ghost in the Brown Over-coat???

But anyway, an old colleague of my Great grandad told my granma about the ghost and she thought it was just old rumour, and got quite upset about the all thing, but a recent book " A ghost-hunter's guide to Sheffield", had a feature about my great-grandad in it, so my nan decide to write to the author "Valerie Salim" about my Great Grandad!.

So...........

Does anybody have any stories about my Great-Grandad's ghost???

Does anybody actually re-call my great-grandad Tingle???

Look forward to your replies!

Matt

was his name Arthur