Throwing gadget for sticks not ball

SHsheff

Since our dog had to have a tooth out due to it rotting because a piece of stick had lodged right next to it, we now only use safestix http://www.safestix.co.uk/ (she's completely uninterested in balls)

However, to get maximum enjoyment, the stick needs to be hurled with more manpower than I am able to muster. It would be really useful if I could find a gadget that propells the item into the blue yonder, the same as those ball-throwing thingies.

I can't find anything that propels sticks, even though there are loads of gadgets that chuck balls over great distances. Anyone any ideas?

Sounds like you need some sort of slingshot gizmo. Wish Id known about Safestix when we had Ailsa: she loved chasing balls and sticks. Such a pity we cant get Jesse to show any interest in toys

I don't think a dog is concerned with the distance, simply playing is enough, if you're happy your dog will be too.

The point about the distance is that if it's not thrown very far, she doesn't get to run (which she clearly loves to do) because by the time she's picked up a bit of a slow amble she's reached it!

Haveyou contacted safestix? They may know of such product or decide to design one if it's not the first time they've had feedback like that.

Yes I have, sent them a message last night so wait and see what they say.

The point about the distance is that if it's not thrown very far, she doesn't get to run (which she clearly loves to do) because by the time she's picked up a bit of a slow amble she's reached it!

I take your point.

I've just invested in a contraption that fits to a pushbike which lets me exercise me and the dog, if you like cycling give it a whirl.

http://www.walky.co.uk/