MOT and extra damage on car when come back!!

Can any1 help? Parents took car for MOT today and it failed on ball joint the garage never rang or asked if they wanted the problem fixing but they fixed it anyway then parents got a call saying they moved the car and heard a clunck now car won;t go forward or back! Just advice i am wanting as to where they stand etc. I have told they are not to pay for anything apart from the MOT and maybe the repair of the ball joint anything else is down to them as the car was running fine when it was taken in!!

Ask to inspect the old parts but don't give them prior warning, wait until you get there otherwise they could arrange to get hold of an old part from anywhere. You'll get to see their face aswell when you ask cos he probably wont expect you to ask.

it makes me even more annoyed as i bought the car for them last year as a gift and just feel like the garage will try and pull a fast one and make them pay for the new parts for the gear box (which they have said it possibly could be)

It really depends what the problem is if you find out what the problem is you are welcome to inbox me and ill advise you what the best steps are.

My sister is taking them down today to sort it out so when i know what has been said i will let you know if i need any help, thanks