Asda Chaucer - A few months on.

Went yesterday and there was some toe rag driving round and round the car park showing off his ridiculous turbo dump valve, he must have just got it for his birthday.

We only wanted about a dozen items and they had none of those items left in stock so it was off to the real Asda at Handsworth.

Before we left I decided to get some lagers in and I saw two of the fattest most tattooed numbnuts nature could spew up and they literally intimidated a handful of other customers into not buying any of the crates of lager that were on a pallet so they could buy them all themselves.

Not sure if there is a limit on how many you can buy but these two fat wallets piled the last 12 crates into their two trolleys.

Twenty minutes later we are in the car park heading back to our car and that turbo dump valve cretin was still driving around with his absurd and pointless hissing car.

You can sort of tell just how chavvy a supermarket is by counting the number of Vauxhall Calibra's there are at any one time in the car park and I saw three at once, that has to be a modern day record.

The best thing about the Asda at Parson Cross is the staff, they are all very nice.

The best thing about the Asda at Parson Cross is the staff, they are all very nice.

The staff really are lovely I have to say, and they actually look at you, something that the Co op must discourage in their training from what I can see :rolleyes:

Just been in Asda at Parson cross and I love how they have interacted with the local chavmunity, they actually allow gangs of little kids on scooters to ride around the store even though it is alive with addicts, I mean shoppers, its insane.

well i go every week and ive never seen it, just because its been put in an area that has a reputation doesnt mean everybody that walks through the doors is a bag head do you think id take my young daughters into a atmosphere like that..... erm no.... if you dont like it dont shop there.....as the meerkat once said...... SIMPLES!!

:thumbsup:

The new store in their area will have attracted many people from further affield just to see what its like, some of these people will be from nicer area's, and thats whats bothering the natives, their not used to seeing people dressed in something other than a tracksuit, its like they're being visited by aliens. This is not the 80s .tracksuit,s hahhahahah what makes you all think you are better than the people of parson cross i have been up here 10 years never had a prob with the people ..never seen a shoplifter never been robed never had a long stare never had a tracksuit and i still have my car radio and the car this forum is full of bull----ers. must be nice to be so perfect sadoooooooooooos

:thumbsup:TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!

Edited by Ms Macbeth
fixed quote tags

We've switched from Morrisons to here, and we think it's really good. Ok the veg isn't the best in terms of variety, but it lasts well and for a standard weekly shop it's absolutely fine. It's much better value than Morrisons, and we've not noticed any problems with the other shoppers. I actually think Morrisons can be a nightmare for little kids and the fact that the aisles seem tighter. Never really had to queue for a check-out and parking is always easy. All in all really very happy with it.

The staff really are lovely I have to say, and they actually look at you, something that the Co op must discourage in their training from what I can see :rolleyes:

Yeah we've noticed that the last few times, the check out staff have been very friendly and chatty, makes a nice change from most supermarkets up here. Only downside is that the fish counter is often un-manned, and so you have to ask someone on the deli to help. Perhaps all these chavs and druggies that are apparently aways there (except for whenever I'm there) don't eat fish.

The staff are excellent, very friendly and helpful.

well i go every week and ive never seen it, just because its been put in an area that has a reputation doesnt mean everybody that walks through the doors is a bag head do you think id take my young daughters into a atmosphere like that..... erm no.... if you dont like it dont shop there.....as the meerkat once said...... SIMPLES!!

The thing is I'm a massive Asda fan, I wont shop with anyone else, I keep giving Asda Parson Cross chances but I'm always disappointed.

Nipped in yesterday for a couple of things and that is the last chance given. Complete and utter star wars bar of a place. Fun as it is to witness some cleetus sort spitting directly at his "partner" who thern proceeded to return the compliment, that's not my idea of a shopping experience.

I use this Asda 3 or 4 times a week and have done since it opened.

I have never seen a shoplifter being manhandled.

I have never seen any worse behaviour than I do in any other supermarket.

I have never been bothered by kids hanging around the entrance.

The shopping experience is no different to any Morrisons or any other Asda I have been in.

People slate it because it's in Parson Cross and for no other reason!

The shopping experience is no different to any Morrisons or any other Asda I have been in.

My thoughts exactly Scutts.

Not me mucker, I'm parson Cross born and bred.