Oughtibridge yobs

Iv lived in oughtibridge all my life and it has always been a lovely place to live, nowadays there are youths smoking and dealing cannabis and whatever other drugs they are taking! There abusive and intimidating. Only yesterday i saw a group of youths outside the park watching as 2 lads kicked each other in. I phoned the police but no-one turned up. I also photograph the yobs when dealing drugs and pass on the photos to police but nothing seems to get done. They have no regards for anyone else and just dont care who sees! My grandchildren (Aged 9 and 12) always ask to go to the park but i have to make excuses as i am scared to go down there.

Whilst it is happening more and more, to be absolutely honest, when I used to work in Oughtibridge at one of the pubs, that sort of thing was always going on at the park and on the green area (is it called the millenium green now?). That was 1995-1998ish.

That's just the way the human race is going I'm afraid to say, we came so far and know we're all going back to the caveman era, teens being into the latest fashion have obviously picked up on it sooner than we all have.

Wait until your grandkids have their own children and they start eating their friends in public, don't say I didn't warn ya.

In what way are they abusive and intimidating? Hard to imagine someone smoking cannabis as being intimidating. Though if you are scared what has been the response of the police - i cant believe it was zero if you have photographic evidence? You need to keep pestering them.

Or, do you just have pictures of a bunch of kids hanging about? I have no doubt that the park will have kids smoking spliffs and drinking cider of an evening, just like every park in the country but if it's a problem your concerns should at least be taken seriously.

I've lived here for years, am regularly in the park with my young kids and have never seem anything like this, but then i dont often take them there at night. I have seen groups of kids hanging about at the shops or the green, but they look like they wouldn't say boo to a goose and practically cack themselves if they get in my way and i ask them to move (but maybe that's because i'm a large man with a Glaswegian accent!)

(but maybe that's because i'm a large man with a Glaswegian accent!)

That may have something to do with it, if you're glaswegian then you are probably blind to things like this around you, the mere sight of kids getting smashed on buckfast and chinning anyone that dare go within 20ft of them is just run of the mill stuff, it would probably take something pretty damn serious to shock you.

In what way are they abusive and intimidating? Hard to imagine someone smoking cannabis as being intimidating. Though if you are scared what has been the response of the police - i cant believe it was zero if you have photographic evidence? You need to keep pestering them.

in this day and age NO one should have to pester the police to do their job, its a disgrace!

in this day and age NO one should have to pester the police to do their job, its a disgrace!

Ok - don't pester and just put up with being miserable. What you SHOULD have to do and what you ACTUALLY have to do to achieve your goals are rarely the same thing (I too CAN randomly capitalize words)

I thought I'd offer advice to get the OP a resolution to their problem rather than merely point out the failings of the police.

:o

Glasgow was the European city of culture once you know! It's a lovely place now - though these misconceptions are not completely useless in confrontational situations :-)

Ah, the European city of culture is what they give a place to attract people that don't know any better. Hence Liverpool also being given the same title.

It's just a ploy. I've seen trainspotting....it's shocking :shocked::hihi:

In this day and age children shouldn't still be living in poverty but unfortunately what shouldn't be happening and what is happening are two very different things.