Anyone remeber Apple Street

My dads family(Fowler) lived on Apple Street,just off Harvest Lane.I worked for a firm on Mowbrey St.in the 90s and I couldn't see any sign of it.I assume it no longer exists.I'm sure my dad said it was next door to a chip shop.Anybody remember it?

My dads family(Fowler) lived on Apple Street,just off Harvest Lane.I worked for a firm on Mowbrey St.in the 90s and I couldn't see any sign of it.I assume it no longer exists.I'm sure my dad said it was next door to a chip shop.Anybody remember it?

It was near Jewsons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi,

Ive been researching my husbands family tree and his great,great grandfather James Billard lived on Apple Street with his wife Rose Hannah Billard.They had 3 sons,my husbands great grandfather Arthur Albert,William and James.There were 5 other children but they all died in infancy.

James went on to marry Edith Wardle and in the 1911 census is living on Stancer Street with a son James Edward who unfortunately died around 18 months old.

If anyone has any stories about any of the people mentioned id love to here them.

Was Stancer Street close to Apple Street then?