Burglaries in Gleadless Valley Area

I have a good idea who it is but it proving it and getting the police to do something...instead of wasting time like they did mine a few weeks ago by being obnoxious idiots with me when my friend was a little sick in a taxi (and i mean a little, the size of a 10p piece)!!! Police need to spend more on proper crime and finding the culprits!!! Rant over...lol xXx

When i got burgled, i got accused by the so called investigating officers.They could not figure out how they got an 18inched framed mountain bike, through a 21inch glassed panel,which had been smashed and cut away in chunks.(Georgian glass).They told me i must have used keys to open door, to get bike out, or there was no such bike :roll:

Best thing I ever did moving off Leighton Road, my kid's toys getting stolen was the last straw and I grew up on there, no morals job round there with a lot of the youths these day's they need there hand's chopping off...

My nan and grandads outhouse on raeburn rd has been burgled, broken into several times in last few weeks by these scroats. There in there 80's and don't need this kind of stress.

Edited by TJC1

Best thing I ever did moving off Leighton Road, my kid's toys getting stolen was the last straw and I grew up on there, no morals job round there with a lot of the youths these day's they need there hand's chopping off...

Grew up for a time round herdings park. Used to be some decent people and, while never a brilliant area it was fun for kids playing football, tennis etc. I wouldnt recommend it now.

We were cheeky as youths but never disrespectful. And would never steal from our own.

Edited by TJC1

Firstly as SNA Inspector for Gleadless valley I would like to say that things are nowhere near as bad as people sometimes make out. I attend a lot of meetings on Gleadless and the overwhelming message from local residents is that the valley is a much better place than it was a few years ago. Thats not to say there aren't problems.

In terms of Burglary we have seen significant reductions over the past 12 months and much greater reductions than either the city or force average. Burglary Dwelling in Gleadless Valley ward has fallen by 16.8% in the last year or 39 fewer victims. Theft from motor vehicle has fallen by 22%, again 39 fewer victims, Theft of motor vehicle has fallen by 33% or 23 fewer victims and there were only 18 recorded robberies in the last 12 months across the whole ward area.

The one area that is currently a challenge is Burglary other than dwellings for example sheds and garages which has seen an increase of 44 offences. I look at these figures daily and a significant ammount are either unoccupied properties or outbuildings having copper pipe stolen. Over the last two days we have run proactive operations to target metal thieves which resulted in three arrests and the seizure of one scrappers vehicle.

I publish details of all the aquisitive crime daily on my facebook page so if you want to see whats really happening in your community I would encourage you to look. My profile as someone pointed out earlier in this thread is Ian Stubbs or we have a page " Woodseats and Gleadless Valley safer neighbourhood teams". Facebook is also a great way to quickly and easily contact your local police team.

Finally I would like to say that we rely on people telling us what is happening and passing information. Any information you give will be investigated and dealt with in the strictest confidence.

I have just moved into the Overend Road area, having swopped my house in Greystones with my daughter, and its so quiet. But, I am not complacent and make sure I lock my doors and windows when in another part of the house. I work full-time, and I probably am more careful than when I lived at Greystones, but I was burgled there, having left a window open. I love the green of the valley, which is great for a council estate.

Firstly as SNA Inspector for Gleadless valley I would like to say that things are nowhere near as bad as people sometimes make out. I attend a lot of meetings on Gleadless and the overwhelming message from local residents is that the valley is a much better place than it was a few years ago. Thats not to say there aren't problems.

In terms of Burglary we have seen significant reductions over the past 12 months and much greater reductions than either the city or force average. Burglary Dwelling in Gleadless Valley ward has fallen by 16.8% in the last year or 39 fewer victims. Theft from motor vehicle has fallen by 22%, again 39 fewer victims, Theft of motor vehicle has fallen by 33% or 23 fewer victims and there were only 18 recorded robberies in the last 12 months across the whole ward area.

The one area that is currently a challenge is Burglary other than dwellings for example sheds and garages which has seen an increase of 44 offences. I look at these figures daily and a significant ammount are either unoccupied properties or outbuildings having copper pipe stolen. Over the last two days we have run proactive operations to target metal thieves which resulted in three arrests and the seizure of one scrappers vehicle.

I publish details of all the aquisitive crime daily on my facebook page so if you want to see whats really happening in your community I would encourage you to look. My profile as someone pointed out earlier in this thread is Ian Stubbs or we have a page " Woodseats and Gleadless Valley safer neighbourhood teams". Facebook is also a great way to quickly and easily contact your local police team.

Finally I would like to say that we rely on people telling us what is happening and passing information. Any information you give will be investigated and dealt with in the strictest confidence.

dear Ian,

There are a number of old people living in the area, who might not necessarily speak out about stuff or report incidents. What kind of information do you need which leads to investigation and arrest?

I have just moved into the Overend Road area, having swopped my house in Greystones with my daughter, and its so quiet. But, I am not complacent and make sure I lock my doors and windows when in another part of the house. I work full-time, and I probably am more careful than when I lived at Greystones, but I was burgled there, having left a window open. I love the green of the valley, which is great for a council estate.

It is quiet generally, but the youngsters are just so bored without much prospects hence the spate of petty burglaries. Still no excuse, there has to be law and order round the place to protect folk.

It is quiet generally, but the youngsters are just so bored without much prospects hence the spate of petty burglaries. Still no excuse, there has to be law and order round the place to protect folk.

Its because their parents dont give them the correct moral guidance and they have nothing to aspire to,

bring back national service for the lot of them

Yes, nobody wants their home broken into, why should people who work hard for their goods and possessions have them stolen from them. But, sometimes I think the fear of crime is worse than the actual reality, although I may yet live to eat these words. I now there is a problem out there.

I just can't see the link. I was bored when I was a kid. I didn't commit burglaries, smash up shops, terrorise old people or anything else.

I came from a relatively poor council estate, where most people were in very manual jobs, and we had little money. Despite this, my parents encouraged me, helped me and brought me up with standards, and I'm now in a professional job doing fairly well.

Boredom and prospects aren't excuses as you rightly point out. Sadly, they're wheeled out very often to justify crime and criminality.

Neighbourhood Watch in Gleadless Valley? :hihi: The most probable reason they have so many many burglaries is because they have a burglar watch! 'My next door neighbours are out for the night, pass it on'.

Hahaha

Very good.