Burglaries in Gleadless Valley Area

Evening everyone

Just want everyone to be on their guard in the Gleadless Valley area (esp Morland Estate and Raeburn Road) as the little scroates are at it again!!! I got burglared a couple of years ago in this area and they seem to be at it again...always the same time of year in the same area...

They were on the rampage last Tuesday so just be careful and report any suspicious youth that are around.

They are gaining access though windows and doors by breaking the glass or forcing them open.

Please be on you guard as I'd hate anyone to go through what I did xXx

Maybe it was Sean Bean.

Idiot comes to mind... :loopy:

I used to get burgled every time I went out at night when I lived on Blackstock Road (opposite gaunt shops) a few years back.

Idiot comes to mind... :loopy:

Yeah he is a bit of an idiot.

Evening everyone

Just want everyone to be on their guard in the Gleadless Valley area (esp Morland Estate and Raeburn Road) as the little scroates are at it again!!! I got burglared a couple of years ago in this area and they seem to be at it again...always the same time of year in the same area...

They were on the rampage last Tuesday so just be careful and report any suspicious youth that are around.

They are gaining access though windows and doors by breaking the glass or forcing them open.

Please be on you guard as I'd hate anyone to go through what I did xXx

They were using a motor bike to make their gettaway but that may have changed. The Police have a good idea as to the culprits but its EVIDENCE they need.

Formation of a Neighbourhood Watch group could be of advantage.

I realise that many folks have the wrong impression re Neighbourhood Watch, but believe me the initiative brings folks together and you will get more communication from the police.

Look at Facebook, Inspector Ian Stubbs at Woodseats Police station. Become a friend and be informed.

pm me with SENSIBLE enquires !

Formation of a Neighbourhood Watch group could be of advantage.

I realise that many folks have the wrong impression re Neighbourhood Watch, but believe me the initiative brings folks together and you will get more communication from the police.

Look at Facebook, Inspector Ian Stubbs at Woodseats Police station. Become a friend and be informed.

pm me with SENSIBLE enquires !

Neighbourhood watch with guns works awesomely in Florida.

Seriously though, in what way would a neighbourhood watch help stop burglars? It's not as you're allowed to do anything to them if you catch them. Phone the police and maybe they'll turn up sometime next week with a crime number.

Even if by some enormous stretch of the imagination they do catch th perpetrator, he's given 100 hours picking up litter on heeley or 3 months holiday at HMP Doncaster.

So what is the advantage of getting all the local old folks all worked up and curtain twitching when the outcome is so disappointing?

There may be uses for a neighbourhood watch but stopping burglaries just doesn't seem a winnable fight so long as the law is so pathetic.

I have a good idea who it is but it proving it and getting the police to do something...instead of wasting time like they did mine a few weeks ago by being obnoxious idiots with me when my friend was a little sick in a taxi (and i mean a little, the size of a 10p piece)!!! Police need to spend more on proper crime and finding the culprits!!! Rant over...lol xXx

What if I see someone suspicous but they're not a youth, do I still report them?

this is the only way full stop.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2144058/Beatings-shootings-Republican-vigilantes-force-hundreds-young-men-Britain-s-new-City-Culture.html

Neighbourhood Watch in Gleadless Valley? :hihi: The most probable reason they have so many many burglaries is because they have a burglar watch! 'My next door neighbours are out for the night, pass it on'.