Government snooping of all your internet useage set to go ahead

Nobody on here too bothered about all their emails and web activity being looked at by this government then ?

Everyone was outraged when Labour suggested it.

Nobody on here too bothered about all their emails and web activity being looked at by this government then ?

Because you know the form on this website. What have you got to hide anyway? :P

It seems to me like they'll be looking at and storing a lot of irrelevant information.

May the "outrage" died down when it was discovered that the media were hyping it out of all proportion?

Well at least it's in a separate bill and not tacked on the back of the Crime and Courts Bill that's pretty much going to be nodded through without debate as it's seen as an urgent requirement - something I disagree with, urgency shouldn't matter, accuracy should, all bills should be debated for as long as they need to be, not whipped or nodded through.

Anyway we might actually get to find out what the plan is before it's too late to object, because at the moment all Theresa May is saying is that it's not this, that or the other and busily telling people their assumptions are wrong, but she's not saying one word about what it actually is and what it will actually do.

It probably already is. I've always considered that everything I put online is in the public domain, so I can't say it worries me that this bill makes it official.

It probably already is. I've always considered that everything I put online is in the public domain, so I can't say it worries me that this bill makes it official.

Do you consider emails to be 'put online' and in the public domain? Or what websites you visit to be public knowledge?

Do you consider emails to be 'put online' and in the public domain? Or what websites you visit to be public knowledge?

I accept that there are ways and means of finding these things out, legitimate orotherwise, and thus am careful not to give too much away.

But the Home Office yesterday insisted it was forging ahead with the so-called ‘snoopers’ charter’, which the police and security officials insist is vital to protect national security.

They say that terrorists and paedophiles can exploit new technology to hatch plots or swap vile images, and the authorities currently have no coverage of a quarter of all communications data.

I’m not a criminal or a terrorist so why does it matter if they know about my online activity. I occasionally slag the government off, and I’m happy for them to read what I have to say about them.:D

I’m not a criminal or a terrorist so why does it matter if they know about my online activity. I occasionally slag the government off, and I’m happy for them to read what I have to say about them.:D

What I say to someone on the phone it is between me and them unless I give permission for them to record or others to listen into the call.

What I say to someone on the phone it is between me and them unless I give permission for them to record or others to listen into the call.

They don't plan to record the conversation; they just plan to keep a record of who you call.

Security officials point out they only want to be able to find out when a call was made and to whom – not what was said.