G24 Ltd & Contractual Parking Charge Notice

Hi, I have just received my first ever contractual parking charge notice from a company called G24 Ltd. I am usually a law abiding citizen and usually always obey the parking contracts enforced on me.

However, after receiving my first one and reading a few threads on here I'm left wondering if I should bother paying it?

Situation was I entered the Meadowhall Retail Park car park the other Saturday. The reason was because I was spending time at Centertainment but due to the fact there was no parking spaces I was forced to use the car park next door.

I will admit know on entering the car park there is a 3 hour limit on the car park and I wasnt actually using the facilities of the retail park but centertainment.

The letter showed pictures of me entering and leaving the car park and spending 196 minutes there rather than the 180 allowed. However the pictures although show my car clearly do NOT show me clearly as the driver.

Is it worth me paying as I am clearly in the wrong and the £25 fee for quick payment isnt the difference between me eating and not.

Or should I be a cheeky so and so, which admittedly I am, by ignoring them or telling them my sister was driving? After all, she is on my insurance as a names driver.

Anyone else had dealings with them? Do they eventually give up like some other companies appear to do?

Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

Just ignore it, G24 can't enforce any fines whatsoever, also you don't have to legally disclose who the driver was at the time! Don't respond, just put the invoice back in the envelope and 'return to sender'. Any further correspondence from them or their solictiors after that just do the same.

The reason was because I was spending time at Centertainment but due to the fact there was no parking spaces I was forced to use the car park next door.

:

To be correct you weren't forced to park there you chose to...whatever the rights and wrongs of parking charges at least accept that it was your choice to park there..

I'd agree with that. We wouldn't see so many people advocating weaseling out of the mess that was their own making!

You have completely missed the point of this thread with that comment.

Drivers who have been given an unenforceable invoice by a private contractor and decide to ignore it are not 'weaseling out of the mess that was their own making!'

Have you followed this thread at all or taken note of numerous comments concerning these parasites?

Or are you a wind-up merchant with nothing better to do?

If you want chapter and verse about the illegalities of PPC's and the laws they break and misuse I'll be happy to post them if it stops you posting daft comments.

Have you followed this thread at all or taken note of numerous comments concerning these parasites?

I've followed all the threads. They're all started by someone who can't drive and park properly, or be bothered to read the signs all over the car parks.

Then they come on here with all manner of excuses trying to justify their error. I like the op's excuse on this one: "I was forced". Yeah, sure you were!

You go to Centertainment, you park in their car park spaces between the lines - not on pavements, double yellows, the retail park or the arena.

If you can't do that simple thing that most of us can do, then you deserve all the hassle you bring on yourself.

And like I said on the other thread, if they're breaking the law in any way - take the "invoice" to the police and see what they do.