Crystal Peaks parking "fines"- experiences please

Hello everyone - I would like your input and opinions please.

Today I parked in a very empty part of crystal peaks car park, in a space where I could easily drive away without reversing etc. I parked next to a car which was over the white line on its own space - thus I was over mine a few inches.

On my return, the car id parked next to had gone, no cars were around me, I wasnt blocking anyone in or causing a problem, but yes, youve guessed it, after 20+ years driving with no parking tickets, I found to my dismay, that I had a parking ticket for 'obstructive parking' on my windscreen. Quite a shock as there were no one or any cars for me to obstruct nearby.

I have written a letter to appeal, but am dubious about getting a reply quickly as unless I pay within 10 days, its says the fee will double.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Anyone appealled sucessfully?

Anyone got a reply from this company within the 10 days? - its 'town & city parking ltd.

I think its a bit petty walking round a near empty car park to see who is over the line to give a ticket, when there are people who park on yellow lines and other offences at busy times.

I have to ask..why park right next to someone else in a "very empty part" of the car park if you can't fit into the bay fully? .... :) Most people on here will say don't pay..but it's entirely up to you..

You can choose not to pay if you so wish; the tickets are not legal fines.

In hindsight, when parking in a "very empty" part of a car park maybe it's best not to park next to someone?

It is not a fine you have received, it is no more than an invoice. Up to you if you want to pay the invoice or not. They will probably send lots of nasty letters with empty threats of what they will do to you if you don't. Most people just ignore them.

Oh and if you haven't sent the appeal letter already then don't bother as they just view them as an invitation to pressure you even more

we had the same issue - had to park there with a van and parked at the very end where no other cars were parked (it was at a v quiet time). Hubby got a ticket as his wheels were touching the white line. We appealed (quoting relevant legislation) and heard no more. Moneysaving expert and consumer action websites both have useful info to appeal it.

Today I parked in a very empty part of crystal peaks car park, in a space where I could easily drive away without reversing etc. I parked next to a car which was over the white line on its own space - thus I was over mine a few inches.

On my return, the car id parked next to had gone, no cars were around me, I wasnt blocking anyone in or causing a problem, but yes, youve guessed it, after 20+ years driving with no parking tickets, I found to my dismay, that I had a parking ticket for 'obstructive parking' on my windscreen. Quite a shock as there were no one or any cars for me to obstruct nearby.

I have written a letter to appeal, but am dubious about getting a reply quickly as unless I pay within 10 days, its says the fee will double.

Anyone got a reply from this company within the 10 days? - its 'town & city parking ltd.

I think its a bit petty walking round a near empty car park to see who is over the line to give a ticket, when there are people who park on yellow lines and other offences at busy times.

I got one at crystal peaks and didn't pay it, got a few letters and just ignored them they soon went away ! You shouldn't have written to them just ignored all correspondence from them.

Same happened to me, massive 4x4 parked over white line, i parked next to it in the gap left and got a ticket, it was a while ago now, i took photos and appealed but no joy :(

It's not a legally enforceable fine, just ignore it altogether. They are just playing the odds that you will pay without querying it. No matter how many letters you get just keep ignoring them, eventually they will just stop.

Only the council or police/traffic wardens can legally fine you, Private companies can't.

Throw it in the bin and ignore them.

I have had about 4 tickets from them over the last couple of years for really pathetic things eg, Tyre literally only just touching the white line.

They tried to pressure me into paying even though i knew i was in the right, in the end i just told them to P*** Off and ignored them. They went away and did not bother me anymore.

On a side note though, it is very irritating trying to park in peaks on a busy day when idiots have deliberately double parked their massive 4x4s because they cannot be arsed or do not have the ability to park them correctly. They are the ones who should be getting fined or clamped.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

You parked over the line, end of.

Pay the fine and don't do it again, after 20+ years driving you would have thought you would have learned something.

The more fines dished out, the sooner people like you who think you can just park anywhere, might learn.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

You parked over the line, end of.

Pay the fine and don't do it again, after 20+ years driving you would have thought you would have learned something.

The more fines dished out, the sooner people like you who think you can just park anywhere, might learn.

I did wonder if anyone would waste their time posting such comments but took that chance. thanks to all who posted out of genuine kindness to give your similar experiences