On some websites my browser keeps jumping to the top of the page !

Here`s an odd one. On certain sites, including my own, clicking on a link to a known good anchor results in the browser (IE 8 ) briefly flicking to the anchor then jumping straight to the top of the page. After the first jump back the page will then work normally ! In fact if you click onto a page and immediately try to scroll down it also jumps back up to the top of the page though it`ll stay at the scroll point if you try to scroll down again.

What`s even stranger is I have a second PC on my desk running the same IE8 but that doesn`t exhibit these problems !

Has anyone any ideas ?

click the full screen icon nr the top right on your browser and it will go back

Thanks for that suggestion.

I assume you mean the minimise - full/smaller screen - close window icons ? I`ve trieed full screen and smaller screen and it doesn`t seem to make any difference to the problem !

Thanks for that suggestion.

I assume you mean the minimise - full/smaller screen - close window icons ? I`ve trieed full screen and smaller screen and it doesn`t seem to make any difference to the problem !

no i dont mean that, ill try and print screen what i mean and get back to you, someone else may jump in with a better solution though

GF x

i meant top left under where it says tools and help onmy browser toolbar theres one icon 2nd from the left on left hand side, if you pm me your email i can send you a pic of whre it is on MY browser to point you in the right direction

but someone might have an easier way im really no techy, but i had this problem myself a bit back

GF x

i meant top left under where it says tools and help onmy browser toolbar theres one icon 2nd from the left on left hand side, if you pm me your email i can send you a pic of whre it is on MY browser to point you in the right direction

but someone might have an easier way im really no techy, but i had this problem myself a bit back

GF x

Ahh, stupid me, that`s top left not top right !

I`ll send you a PM with my E Mail address, thanks.

Are you sure its not the mouse?

Now that`s a good idea, but it can`t be that because both PCs are connected through a KVM switch (I think that`s what it`s called) to the same keyboard, monitor and mouse. And PC2 doesn`t seem to show the same "fault".

Now that`s a good idea, but it can`t be that because both PCs are connected through a KVM switch (I think that`s what it`s called) to the same keyboard, monitor and mouse. And PC2 doesn`t seem to show the same "fault".

Could it be the connection between the PC and the Switch?