The Star newpaper AT IT AGAIN

TAT

After upsetting the red half of the city, today , on what is a promotion parade day for the Owls, they have plastered Madine all over the front page re an assult charge!! not only is it old news, the timing from the Star could have been better.

A rag on its last legs is in danger of being dumped by both sets of supporters!

In response to "Scooby" the coverage of the "Evans" case and the headlines I found upsetting. By no means think that I didnt agree with the sentence he was found guilty of a terrible crime and deserved the punishment but I have seen less sensational headlines for "mass murder" than the ones about this case and it was bad enough being a Blade that weekend as we all felt tainted by it without the "Star" compounding it with the headlines they used. Now thats old news they will start on a Wednesday player to "even the score" bad press!!!

In response to "Scooby" the coverage of the "Evans" case and the headlines I found upsetting. By no means think that I didnt agree with the sentence he was found guilty of a terrible crime and deserved the punishment but I have seen less sensational headlines for "mass murder" than the ones about this case and it was bad enough being a Blade that weekend as we all felt tainted by it without the "Star" compounding it with the headlines they used. Now thats old news they will start on a Wednesday player to "even the score" bad press!!!

Ah OK, don't really read the paper so not aware of what they're up to ... cheers

After upsetting the red half of the city, today , on what is a promotion parade day for the Owls, they have plastered Madine all over the front page re an assult charge!! not only is it old news, the timing from the Star could have been better.

A rag on its last legs is in danger of being dumped by both sets of supporters!

Madine has said how highly he rates Evans before as we all remember, maybe he'll get chance to play with him now...

As for the Star, the last time it was any good it was still a broadsheet - the day it changed to tabloid size, the attitude of the reporters seemed to follow. Makes a change for them to report anything anti-Wednesday though, particularly at the moment.

I prefer the proper front page stories from the star, like the one they did about the girl who was excluded from School, and could not attend the end of year dance, or the one about the old military bloke from Millhouses who was staring at his neighbours over the garden fence. Real stories about real Sheffield people! :hihi:

Madine has said how highly he rates Evans before as we all remember, maybe he'll get chance to play with him now...

As for the Star, the last time it was any good it was still a broadsheet - the day it changed to tabloid size, the attitude of the reporters seemed to follow. Makes a change for them to report anything anti-Wednesday though, particularly at the moment.

Funny, never thought of it like that, and now you mention it, you are right, when I was a lad growing up and the Star was a broadsheet, the front pages were all serious news (from what I remember).