How to move task bar

spider1

Hi I am on windows Vista my Task Bar and Start up button have moved to right hand side of screen on my lap top Compact Presario They used to be on the bottom of screen is it possile to move back .Thanks for any advice it will not drag and task bar is not locked :(

Just click and hold left button on your mouse, drag that where you want it to be... if it's not moving, then right click in task bar and un-tick LOCK TASK BAR then try to move it..

But they said it wont drag, and isnt locked....

Restart your machine and keep pressing F8 until you get to the screen where you'll have many options, one of them will be SAFE MODE (Without Networking) - use that and your computer will start as normal but with black background and big icons, don't be scared just drag and place that Task Bar where you want it to be, then restart again, let it start as normal, should be fine after that.

Hi. Went in to safe mode but no task bar showing to drag . So went back on to ordinary screen it would only drag to half way . All of a sudden it shot to top of screen. Tried for half an hour to drag to bottom but would only drag half way . Kept trying and all of a sudden it shot to bottom where it should be now locked it in place i hope. Still a mystery why it wouldnt drag Thanks for your help anyway. Kind regards . Connor :):)