Help and advice urgently needed for male guinea pig

Hi, we have just had 1 of our 3yr old male guinea pigs Spike die and as you can imagine my girls are very upset. We dont know the cause but are in the process of moving house and the pigs who are normally kept in the house with us have been staying in a garden shed, they have not been wheeking as much and have been eating less than usual, allthough they have been munching the grass when they were outside, and we do wonder if the stress of the move and the fact that they are not inside with all the noise of us all has upset them. We are giving the remaining guinea pig Flash lots of love and attention but everytime we put him in the cage he sniffs and looks for spike. I am aware that guineapigs should be kept in pairs and very worried about the remaining 1 and the best time to get a new mate as he does seem really depressed. Any help would be really appreciated.

Hi, we have just had 1 of our 3yr old male guinea pigs Spike die and as you can imagine my girls are very upset. We dont know the cause but are in the process of moving house and the pigs who are normally kept in the house with us have been staying in a garden shed, they have not been wheeking as much and have been eating less than usual, allthough they have been munching the grass when they were outside, and we do wonder if the stress of the move and the fact that they are not inside with all the noise of us all has upset them. We are giving the remaining guinea pig Flash lots of love and attention but everytime we put him in the cage he sniffs and looks for spike. I am aware that guineapigs should be kept in pairs and very worried about the remaining 1 and the best time to get a new mate as he does seem really depressed. Any help would be really appreciated.

PM peaches she will have ideas of how and when to re bond.