Where can I download radio plays?

I've just got my wife a portable MP3 player but rather than listen to music, she wants to listen to radio plays, the sort that the BBC often put on radio 4.

I thought the BBC would have a massive archive of radio plays to download but all I can find on their website is a handful of podcasts from the last 7 days. Can anyone advise where else online I might be able to find some radio plays to download, BBC or otherwise?

alt.binaries.sounds.radio.bbc

alt.binaries.sounds.radio.bbc.highspeed

uk.media.radio.bbc *with groups for radio 1-6 plus the world service

plus thousands of other groups covering any subject you can think of plus some more.

For the best internet service use Giganews as a news reader or a cheaper option of news.hosting.com at only ten us dollers a month

Edited by choogling

just checked out this group and it is full of plays,radio shows including the saturday play,chatting about food etc.Well worth an extended visit.

alt.binaries.sounds.radio.bbc.highspeed

uk.media.radio.bbc *with groups for radio 1-6 plus the world service

plus thousands of other groups covering any subject you can think of plus some more.

For the best internet service use Giganews as a news reader or a cheaper option of news.hosting.com at only ten us dollers a month

Thanks for the suggestions but I'm new to the concept of newsgroups and haven't a clue how to access them. If I paste the address alt.binaries.sounds.radio.bbc.highspeed into my browser I just get a list of google searches rather than an actual website.

Any clues?