Bathroom Megathread. Advice & recommendations - no quotes/advertising

Looking for a complete refurb of the bathroom any recommendations for someone who can rip old one out, install new suite and tile etc.

Another question, I am thinking about buying the suite and the tile myself and getting a quote just to fit it etc, is this how installers normally work?

Cheers.

Hi,

I am a bathroom fitter, I am not touting for the work as I am booked up till November.

Just for your info. I prefer the customer to buy the suite and tiles. Virtually all of my customers do this. I get involved in the decision process as some items may not be suitable for the room etc.. I supply grout and adhesive as there are loads of different types.

Hope this helps

Sam

hi Sam is a lovely guy and Top plumber ta jeff you not go far wrong with sam

Hi. I'm considering having a small bathroom installed in my loft bedroom. Can be just a sink and toilet if thats all that will fit. Does anyone have a contact who will look at this for me please. I suspect the floor might need reinforcing though.

Mod Note

threads merged,

Please use the search facility before starting a new thread.

Hi. I'm considering having a small bathroom installed in my loft bedroom. Can be just a sink and toilet if thats all that will fit. Does anyone have a contact who will look at this for me please. I suspect the floor might need reinforcing though.

I'd like to recommend Gerry from Willow Gas Services.

All my family use him and he did a complete new bathroom for my sister in no time and very reasonable prices

07946 515897

Hi,

Long story short my bathroom fitter said he would start fitting my new bathroom suite last friday (03/07) after texting him on the thursday he said he wouldnt be able to start till tomorrow (10/07).

Ive texted him this morning to see what time he would be coming tomorrow and hes now saying he cant start till next Friday!

I have a spare room full pf bathroom components and we have friends coming to stay at the end of July so im desperately trying to find someone else who is suitable for the work...

It involves tiling and basically getting rid of the old suite, moving the position of the bath and toilet to make room for a walk in shower.

Does anyone know someone that can help? Im at the end of my tether. :(

I'd like to recommend Gerry from Willow Gas Services.

All my family use him and he did a complete new bathroom for my sister in no time and very reasonable prices

07946 515897

Gerry is your partner isn't he?

Hi,

Long story short my bathroom fitter said he would start fitting my new bathroom suite last friday (03/07) after texting him on the thursday he said he wouldnt be able to start till tomorrow (10/07).

Ive texted him this morning to see what time he would be coming tomorrow and hes now saying he cant start till next Friday!

I have a spare room full pf bathroom components and we have friends coming to stay at the end of July so im desperately trying to find someone else who is suitable for the work...

It involves tiling and basically getting rid of the old suite, moving the position of the bath and toilet to make room for a walk in shower.

Does anyone know someone that can help? Im at the end of my tether. :(

If any of the other respected tradesmen are like me, they will be booked up for ages. I am currently looking at Jan, Feb. It unfortunately looks like you have been let down and the communication is shoody to say the least.

I'm afraid I can't help, but good luck.

If someone is available to do it in the next week, beware, why are they not busy?

Hello I'm doing my bathroom and want to completely change the layout.

As you walk into my rectangle bathroom looking straight ahead is the window and to the left of the window is my toilet.

I'm wanting my bath from wall to wall under the window and move the toilet further down the left wall.

Only problem I have is moving the toilet further down the left hand wall, would it look silly with a long waste pipe ? As it the only place the waste can be attached to as its on an outer wall stone wall.

Feedback would be great, hoping someone will understand.

Ps planning on painting/vinyl wrapping large waste pipe am I nuts?

Cheers Kelly

Could you not run the longer waste pipe on the outside of the wall up to the soil stack, once it has exited the the wall where the new toilet will be?