Bathroom Megathread. Advice & recommendations - no quotes/advertising

all 9 pages of it no ta

Well stick a pin in the Yellow Pages and take your chances, you want recommendations and the forum has great quality ones and its all too much hassle! I despair!

to look through 9 pages of mostly irrelevant posts to find a needle in a haystack?

This is why I don't like SF sometimes, too many megathreads

From my experience, if you ask for recommendations, all you get back are people touting for business. The people who have had great experiences with a new bathroom fit, won't be on the forum, day in day out waiting for someone to respond to. This is why there is a thread so people can register their comments to lay on file.

If you can't be bothered to look through a massive 9 pages of feedback then expect to possibly get a fitter with big shoes, a red nose and sqirty flower. I find it really strange that you are willing to spend several thousand pounds on a very important room of your home and are not willing to do some research on the people that are likely to be in your home for 2 weeks and spending your money.

Anyway, its your cash, do as you please. Note that i'm not touting for the work.

I currently have a electric Triton T100 shower and I have bought another Triton but its a higher kWh than the previous so the cable would need to be changed, as well as changing the shower over.

Would like recommendations and a rough idea of the cost a fitter would charge.

Many Thanks.

could someone give me a price on supplying and replacing a mixer shower please. the one we have is leaking we have replaced the washers but it has started to leak again after approx 6 weeks. thanks.

Without the cable work it will be £70-£100

Once you start with the electrics it could run into hundreds, replacing the cable back to the fuse board, then the fuse board may need replacing, then the testing to issue a cert. may bring up further probs.

Take the new shower back and swap it for same wattage as old one:hihi:

Without the cable work it will be £70-£100

Once you start with the electrics it could run into hundreds, replacing the cable back to the fuse board, then the fuse board may need replacing, then the testing to issue a cert. may bring up further probs.

Take the new shower back and swap it for same wattage as old one:hihi:

This sound advice and if you have a combi boiler you can run a shower off that via your bath taps-an integrated set of taps would cost £30-50 and can be fitted without the disruption caused by installing a 32 A cable.

Depends on how far away from the distribution board the shower is, the size of the existing cable and the wattage of the new shower.

Depends on how far away from the distribution board the shower is, the size of the existing cable and the wattage of the new shower.

Could the guy incorporate the combi boiler for showering without needless expense.

If the op has a combi boiler yes but then you will have to think about disconnection of the cable, holes in tiles, capping of cold feed if buried. Also new feeds how accessible are they? is the op ok will pipes being surface or Do they want the tiles removing and wall casing or the electric route may be the consumer unit is not that far way and this could all be done without damage? All things that can be discussed will a home visit and a free quotation.

Thanks again

Paul

Or simply exchange the unit for one less powerful ,or leave the old redundant shower in situ,allowing the next occupant to modify accordingly.

Or simply exchange the unit for one less powerful ,or leave the old redundant shower in situ,allowing the next occupant to modify accordingly.

The most obvious thing is to as you say just use the best shower your cable will take as you say but install a new shower and also leave the old one in? i don't like the sound of that.