Bathroom Megathread. Advice & recommendations - no quotes/advertising

we did this, moved the bath under the window and then moved the toilet from under the window to mid-way on the interior wall. We then boxed in the waste, which was half hidden by the bath anyway ... the only slight thing you need to worry about I believe is ensuring you have enough of a fall away for gravity to do its thing :)

Hello I'm doing my bathroom and want to completely change the layout.

As you walk into my rectangle bathroom looking straight ahead is the window and to the left of the window is my toilet.

I'm wanting my bath from wall to wall under the window and move the toilet further down the left wall.

Only problem I have is moving the toilet further down the left hand wall, would it look silly with a long waste pipe ? As it the only place the waste can be attached to as its on an outer wall stone wall.

Feedback would be great, hoping someone will understand.

Ps planning on painting/vinyl wrapping large waste pipe am I nuts?

Cheers Kelly

The short answer is Yes.

The long answer is the reason the pipe is so close to the outside wall is so that the water flushes the pan contents to a steep, if not vertical drop to avoid blockages.

Think About how much fall you can get on the pipe so that it does not get blocked by leaving, not to put it too delicately, crap clinging to the sides of the pipe. Are you prepared to have your toilet raised on a dais, I know it is commonly known as the throne but is that what you want to have.

Then you need to think about how much room you would be losing by having a four inch pipe boxed in on the side of the wall. Also it is easy to reach the window to open and close for ventilation when it is over the loo.

Hello again thank you to every reply.

Brilliant I will box in wide with skirting board attached to match rest of the room.

The Pipe will run down the side of the bath I think will look ok and will mention to boyfriend when fitting the toilet to make higher to to be sure it will drain correct.

I have got a 5ft sideboard to put a sink in and tile the top to go on the same wall as toilet that should be interesting as Iv took on that job!

Noted the point regarding window! I will have to stand in the bath to open the window !! Ah well it will look pretty.

Thank you everyone I'm so unskilled and have learnt a lot from your advice and for future projects.

after personal recommendations please for a reliable trustworthy contractor to do two bathrooms in two properties, one is just a fit new bathroom suite in place of existing and the other is a more involved job needing new suite, new electric shower, tiling etc and potentially flooring.

Hi there,

I have sent you a pm, regards

Edited by Starlc

I'd use ultimate bathrooms at Bakewell,

They did my dads bathroom and did a great job

---------- Post added 21-02-2016 at 23:14 ----------

A fitter called Simon Mitchell does a great bathroom fit. He's actually a plumber but organises everything. 07737740076. Sure he goes by castle plumbing and heating

Hi,

Looking for recommendations for bathroom renovation to include moving boiler to loft, moving a wall (not load bearing), fitting new suite plus shower cubicle, under floor heating and tiling. Ideally looking for someone that could do all of that or if not a couple of names (builder/ plumber).

Also very rough idea of the cost (excluding materials).

Ta,

Mike

Hello, I need some work doing on my bathroom and looking for someone who can do a good job without being ripped off.

It needs the bath, sink & toilet to come out, the floor & lino needs re-laying & everything putting back again, re-sealing around the bath & a shower screen putting in. It's only a small bathroom so shouldn't be a big job.

Thanks!

Hi,

We have just had an offer accepted on a house.

Short terms plans for it would be to plaster and re-tile the bathroom. The bathroom furniture wouldn't need changing as this is ok. The room size is 2.4m x 1.59m (7 11" x 5 3" - Any average quotes for this would be appreciated.

There is also room under the stairs to put a small toilet/corner toilet and a basin (we would buy ourselves) We could border the room out but would need someone for the fitting, plastering and tiling. The staircase is on the internal wall so my dad has mentioned that a macerator would be needed as is not close to the waste pipe, there would also ne no ventilation.

Obviously we have viewed many properties with toilets under the stairs so I know its possible to do but I am wondering at what cost?

We have only just had the offer accepted and started proceedings so we could not do this for a long while yet but it would be nice of a rough idea of the costing's involved.

Hi,

We have just had an offer accepted on a house.

Short terms plans for it would be to plaster and re-tile the bathroom. The bathroom furniture wouldn't need changing as this is ok. The room size is 2.4m x 1.59m (7 11" x 5 3" - Any average quotes for this would be appreciated.

There is also room under the stairs to put a small toilet/corner toilet and a basin (we would buy ourselves) We could border the room out but would need someone for the fitting, plastering and tiling. The staircase is on the internal wall so my dad has mentioned that a macerator would be needed as is not close to the waste pipe, there would also ne no ventilation.

Obviously we have viewed many properties with toilets under the stairs so I know its possible to do but I am wondering at what cost?

We have only just had the offer accepted and started proceedings so we could not do this for a long while yet but it would be nice of a rough idea of the costing's involved.

Afternoon Honeybee,

Congratulations on your new home!

If you would like to give us a call or PM us your number and we can give you a call to discuss and go through some prices with you.

Many thanks

Afternoon Honeybee,

Congratulations on your new home!

If you would like to give us a call or PM us your number and we can give you a call to discuss and go through some prices with you.

Many thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I am really just looking for a very rough estimate at the moment rather than a full scale quote.