Bathroom Megathread. Advice & recommendations - no quotes/advertising

HI

How much to install this unit? it is a shower bath. Can the old one be pulle dout and this one be put in at ease? Thansk

Size: 1300 x 1300 x 2150mm.

Specification includes:

* Spot light inside the shower cabin, that creates the best lighting effect!

* Steam Generator with powerful 2800 Watt - clouds up the cabin within 2 minutes!

* Can be installed in any bathroom, the en-suite, or if you like as a unit in the bedroom! As there are no tiling work needed, this can be installed into any bedroom!

* Big powerful jacuzzi bath with a headrest to give you the ultimate relaxation feeling

*Foot massager

* Tempered glass, with black back Tinted back glass and clear sliding doors.

* Storage board

*Jacuzzi Jets - The whirlpool massage jets gently soothe and invigorate your body. Hydrotherapy water massage has the power to improve blood circulation, calm the nerve system whilst relaxing tensions in your muscles.

*Back massage with 6 jets! Jets for the lower body + body jets to target the centre back and body jets to target the upper back! A full back massaging system!

* MONSOON - Big top shower with lighting ( rain shower absolutely amazing for just relaxation!) - with a spotlight

About £2750.:huh::huh:

That sounds quite big, and odd sized?

What is the size of the thing it's replacing?

The 'standard' bath is 1700mm long by 700mm wide (many other sizes available)

Also from the sounds of it that shower bath thing needs a serious electrical connection to run all it's features, so factor that in as well because it might need a heavy duty feed direct from the fuse box.

Also from the sounds of it that shower bath thing needs a serious electrical connection to run all it's features, so factor that in as well because it might need a heavy duty feed direct from the fuse box.

Depends on what runs on electric. I doubt that a rainforest shower (or whatever it was called) will be heated by electric. I could be wrong but I would expect it to be a mixer type valve. The steam generator is under 3 kW - compared with about 10 kW for your average shower.

However, to the OP - you need someone to look at your setup first. You need to see whether your cylinder or combi has the pressure to supply a decent flow to the shower head and whether you need a pump. Is your cylinder big enough?

Also, as this does have electrical work involved then there will be certain considerations that need addressing regarding the electrical supply.

Also, as Geared has mentioned - it's a strange shape. Shorter than a bath so if you're taking a bath out there will (likely) be plastering work to do.

Has anyone used Sharrow Vale Kitchens and bedrooms and willing to share their experience?

We're looking to replace all bathroom fittings - removal of old suite and tiles, supply and fit new sink, toilet, bath with shower mixer. Plain white suite, plain white tiles. If you'd like to quote for the job, please get in touch via PM.

I'm looking for a bathroom design and fitting service which won't cost the earth. Anyone had good reliable service?:) thanks in advance for any suggestions

---------- Post added 28-02-2015 at 09:14 ----------

Come on peeps. Surely someone has had a new bathroom and been happy with it?

the bathroom centre at handsworth are very good and they use bedazzeled bathrooom,fitters darren and kyle fantastic very pleased with them

I use City Plumbing at Rotherham for all my design and supplies. Contact Karen there for a professional service. Tell them Sam sent you.

Karen - 01709 373647

It seems all about big jobs here.

I've got a small job ---installation of bathroom extract fan (not replace a existing one), so this involves drilling a hole to the wall.

I've contact electricians,they will not do hole drilling things.

Who is the proper worker I should looking for?Roughly, how much will it cost?

Any advice , will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi can anybody recommend a good bathroom

Installer please

Thanks

Sam Lovatt is highly recommended. Really nice guy, did the work for us really quickly and efficiently. Agree with everyone on here - he's definitely a great guy to go to :) Can't thank him enough for coming to us at the end of his working day too - just what you want to hear when you have a leak to contend with!