Ian hodgson building contractor

contractor to –

sheffield diocese,

reeds rains lettings,

countrywide lettings

01142450327/07930564977

iandhodgson@aol.com

free estimates/quality work

The current bathroom is in need of updating, and I'm hoping to get it done before I move in. It's a bit cramped, so I'm looking at moving the toilet and bath around, and also moving the stud wall out on one side.

I'm pretty confident in doing the 'dry' stuff, and the tiling etc. myself (i'm a structural engineer) but I would want a plumber in to do the 'wet' bits.

I'm wondering what sort of state the bathroom needs to be for the plumber to come in? I'm hoping he can just come in an kind of connect stuff up.

The other big thing is moving the toilet - the soil pipe goes out through an external wall, so this will need moving. Has anyone done something similar? any problems?

I'll post some links to drawings when I've made 5 posts!

Any comments and help welcome!

Thanks

I can't believe that this thread I stared many moons ago is still going.

well we finally got around to having our bathroom done and used Sam Lovatt of Dearne Plumbing & Bathrooms, tel 07909 842 848. He was fantastic!

Reasonable price, excellent work and attention to detail.

Hello, I'm looking for a plumber to give me a quote for the following work

Strip out existing bathroom

Alter pipework to suit new position of bath, shower, sink, toilet and radiator

Fit bath, shower, sink and toilet - supplied

Additional quote to:

Supply and fit chrome towel radiator and valves

Tile walls

PM me or reply numbers and I'll call.

Thanks!

Hi, I can highly reccommend Sam Lovatt (Dearne Bathrooms)

Mobile number:07909842848

He has just finished our bathroom, fitted new suite, moved toilet and did all the pipework. Tiled walls and floor. Also fitted a new chrome radiator with the valves

It looks fantastic, and we are delighted with it.

He is a really nice guy, works really hard and is very Conscientiousness.

We thought reasonably priced too for the work involved.

Edited by aberdeen
addition

My shower is on it's way, door won't close or open properly unless I have to use force, signs of tiredness on it.

Not looking for any thing fancy, just updating and working, whats the average price for one fitted? and any advise where from?

With shower cubicles, you generally get what you pay for. The cheap nasty ones will fall to bits in a couple of years. There are quite a few really good makes, I use Roman where possible. Brilliant quality and excellent customer service if something does happen to break (door catch or roller etc). Not particularly cheap but pretty much fit and forget (If fitted properly) David Ford in Hillsborough are quite competitive on price and will give you some really good advice.

Can anyone advise what a reasonable price for labour to fit a shower cubicle, when I look around?

Can anyone advise what a reasonable price for labour to fit a shower cubicle, when I look around?

I have PM'd you.

Mod Note:-

Threads merged.

Please use the Search Facility when starting new threads.

Thanks

Hi we're refitting main bathroom and ensuite and at the moment i'm looking at prices for everything.

I've looked at the big suppliers .. B&Q (seemed expensive), Wickes (not bad for basics), Victoria Plumb (good price but poor reviews) etc.. but was wondering if anyone could recommend anyone local who will come in at a reasonable price. Ideally I'd want a Sheffield Kitchen Outlet but for bathrooms instead.

Thanks

BTW don't need a fitter, got one sorted already