Bathroom Megathread. Advice & recommendations - no quotes/advertising

I can recommend Hydroleak for a bathroom re-fit. He completed ours last week and we are highly satisfied.

i can 2nd this recommendation

hi i go with hydroleak if andy second it then i 3rd it . just been working in doncaster today £10 for fuel . ta jeff

Only thinking of your finances. Anyone going from Sheffield to Donny would probably have to add £20-30 a day for fuel - another £100-150 on top of job.

:o I knew fuel was expensive, but crikey!

Sheffield rail station to Doncaster rail station is 21 miles - less than a fiver in fuel for high consumption.

I may have missed it but the OP hasn't said whereabouts in Doncaster it is, so it's only going to be approx £10 fuel (both there and back) based on roughly the centre of Sheff to the centre of Doncaster, so unless it's two or 3 journeys there and back, I'd ask the tradesman to leave if they asked for that much money for fuel. No-one has actually asked, but just presumed the biggest distance!

I drive regularly from Doncaster to Sheffield in a diesel and it's never cost me £20 yet.

Dan, surely if the OP is paying your bill, including fuel, how is it 'not worth it'? I'd have thought trades people would be grabbing any opportunity for work.

My house to doncaster city centre is about 30 miles (60 mile round trip) plus various outings for materials in a city i dont really know could easily see 80 miles per day. based on real life fuel consumption @ 20mpg would see £20 per day.

I (along with many others on here) have a good reputation so dont need to travel out of sheffield for work.

This may sound funny but there is more than enough work in sheffield to keep me happy.

I hope the OP gets something sorted. There must be decent & reliable plumbers/bathroom fitters in donny.

In my years of being self employed I can honestly say I have only ever had 1 "straight swap" bathroom suite. There is always something unexpected that crops up which takes extra time and money, therefore I would always have a look at the job and give the customer a fair and fixed price with no hidden extras. If you quote blind then start banging the extras on, people will get suspicious that you are trying to rip them off. Most decent plumbers will be happy to come and have a look and give you a quote for free.

I use a lad called Joe he's good at job and offers great prices and deals for OAP's. You can reach him on 07947728191

Good luck.

I asked a builder working on a house how much to fit an entire bathroom suite. He told me £350.

I thought that was extortionate for what the work actually is. You can't call it skilled and once you've done a soil pipe you know all there is to know.

Don't be ripped off. There's no work around now and most people responding on here ride horses and wear big brimmed hats.

hi i love to get the train to work or ride a bike to work ta jeff

Also depends on the type of van you have, some of my work colleagues who have transits are really feeling the pain when it comes to fuel, I only have a small kangoo so aint so bad. It still feels like I am filling it up every other day.

Re Doncaster, its no problem for me as I live in Swinton, but currently taking bookings for October/November.

In my years of being self employed I can honestly say I have only ever had 1 "straight swap" bathroom suite. There is always something unexpected that crops up which takes extra time and money, therefore I would always have a look at the job and give the customer a fair and fixed price with no hidden extras. If you quote blind then start banging the extras on, people will get suspicious that you are trying to rip them off. Most decent plumbers will be happy to come and have a look and give you a quote for free.

Totally agree, straight swaps don't exist and if they do, the finish won't be great

I asked a builder working on a house how much to fit an entire bathroom suite. He told me £350.

I thought that was extortionate for what the work actually is. You can't call it skilled and once you've done a soil pipe you know all there is to know.

Don't be ripped off. There's no work around now and most people responding on here ride horses and wear big brimmed hats.

This is a wind up, yeah?

£350 a rip off for install, LOL. :hihi:

There is plenty of work out there for skilled tradesmen, we just don't need to be throwing bathrooms in for a couple of hundred quid, there are plenty of people out there willing to do that, leave it to them.

ring liam on 07733248379

Liam (HYDROLEAK) has recently done my bathroom re-fit. First class!