Advice - re. boxing/kickboxing handwraps

Having recently started training I wanted some advice regarding handwraps and which sort to purchase......

The ones in the link below seem easier to use due to not having to wrap them around the hand unlike conventional hand wraps. Are the ones in the link designed to be worn under the bag/boxing glove???

Confused !

http://www.sportsdirect.com/lonsdale-gel-handwraps-761054

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks

i wouldn't particularly recommend those. reason being that the gel takes some of the impact out of the contact but this isn't really the point of a handwrap-

a normal handwrap acts more like a support bandage and (as well as reducing general impact) keeps the tons of small bones in the hand nice and stable. otherwise you can end up with pains from these small bones being damaged and they could even fuse together after minor breaks. not good.

so go for a set of more traditional handwraps, preferably made of a slightly stretchy cotton. and find someone who genuinely knows what they're talking about to show you how to wrap your hands properly with them. then you'll be fine!

the adidas ones on the same site would be a better bet and you'll save a penny!

(the ABA version on there are shorter so better going with the others)

Thanks for the advice mate, I've just ordered some of the Adidas ones.

Thanks again

You're welcome mate. Just make sure you get someone to show you how to wrap your hands properly. If they can explain to you why they're doing what they're doing that is a good sign. If you get stuck give me a shout and I should probably be able to find you a decent little video to show you how to do it.

Thanks again mate I'll ask someone to show me at training tomorrow