David and Nick reaffirm their marriage vows.

Sad to say, no good will come of their papering over the cracks. It'll be a messy 'divorce'. If I were the LDP, I'd seek a separation well before 2015- to give at least a minimal chance of retaining any MPs at all in that year's General Election.

I wonder if Cameron will be so chirpy after Coulson and Brooks appear before Leveson this week.

Mind you, as a "core participant" he may have pulled a few strings.

The governments refusal to publish risk assessments for the NHS shake up should also cause him embarassment.

Developing nicely.

Sad to say, no good will come of their papering over the cracks. It'll be a messy 'divorce'. If I were the LDP, I'd seek a separation well before 2015- to give at least a minimal chance of retaining any MPs at all in that year's General Election.

How does that work, then ...

...."As a party committed to responsible government, we are willing to negotiate a coalition with either of the two major parties, and if sufficient compromise can be reached we will commit to a coalition for the full five-year term of parliament. We did that four years ago and then broke our word and pulled out and forced an election ahead of time, but this time we won't, promise..."

It doesn't sound like a winning manifesto to me.

I would not trust them to run a bath or deliver a news paper.

They are part of society that have no clue about normal life and struggles. They hide behind Westminster.

Clegg is an Idiot and Cameron is a spoilt posh boy.

They are trying to run a goverment as 6th form students it is time to get shut and replace them with people who have grown a pair.

How does that work, then ...

...."As a party committed to responsible government, we are willing to negotiate a coalition with either of the two major parties, and if sufficient compromise can be reached we will commit to a coalition for the full five-year term of parliament. We did that four years ago and then broke our word and pulled out and forced an election ahead of time, but this time we won't, promise..."

It doesn't sound like a winning manifesto to me.

the wartime coalition which churchill built, split up several months before the general election to allow the parties time to rebuild separate identities, during this time Churchill ran a caretaker administration. i imagine that something similar will happen this time. though i wonder of the coalition parties have thought much about the end.