I dont believe it normanton hill

Does anyone know of any details about this (Normington Hill) and also nearby Stradbroke Road.

Work was meant to start on same day (Tuesday) but nothing on the SCC website.

Emailed them and all I got was a link to the page about roadworks but their is no mention there.

On both signs it doesn't state anything about road closures but the OP says the road has been shut. The sign just says delays, I thought this would be due to one side of the road being worked on and therefore traffic light or stop/go boards being used.

Anyone got details of the schedule of planned closures.

Does anyone know of any details about this (Normington Hill) and also nearby Stradbroke Road.

Emailed them and all I got was a link to the page about roadworks but their is no mention there.

On both signs it doesn't state anything about road closures but the OP says the road has been shut. The sign just says delays, I thought this would be due to one side of the road being worked on and therefore traffic light or stop/go boards being used.

When they did our road they closed it off and put up signs saying any parked cars would be towed

There's nothing on either sign - normington hill or stradbroke road saying roads will be closed. Can't get any info from SCC as they just point me to the website that doesn't have any of these works listed.

All it mentions is delays not diversions.

well it was CLOSED yesterday when our bus was diverted round the block... and couldn't negotiated the right hand turn on the way back out of town :rolleyes:

well it was CLOSED yesterday when our bus was diverted round the block... and couldn't negotiated the right hand turn on the way back out of town :rolleyes:

I'm not saying it wasn't closed just saying closures aren't on the signs.

How did you did out it was closed other than when the bus was diverted. What diversion route did you have to take? As I can't see where you mean when you say round the block. From top of normington hill it would have to go via stradbroke road to get to Woodhouse and miss out normington hill, coisley hill, Sheffield road.

Council website says updated weekly but was last updated 19th April.

POINTLESS

Dazzle, seeing that you appear to be quite well informed (Where did Planner1 go?? :huh::hihi:)

What are they doing exactly, do you know? Are they fully resurfacing just about every road in Sheffield, just that I imagine over such a short period, this will cause some major traffic chaos.

The forum will be full of moaning gits,

Hi,Amey the contractor who is going to carry out the road repairs to sheffield roads has stated that roughly 78% of roads and footpaths in sheffield will be repaired to a satisfactory standard for the first 5 yrs of this contract which will obviously cause major traffic congestion when it all kicks in.Nearly half of the trees will be taken out and new more appropriate trees planted as a lot of them are too big for the areas they are in at the moment.New street lights with white led latest technology lighting that dim themselves.Me personally cant wait for our new roads.

Are you sure they didn't skim off the surface, by what I said above, I know they don't rip up the entire road so it's down to the earth surface but they should at the very least skim the top off and leave a rough surface.

It is Sheffield CC though so I wouldn't be massively suprised if they didn't

[/quote

Theres no need to skim off every surface to resurface the road as long as the base is solid underneath and theres plenty of depth for the new layer of tarmac.I remember the parkway getting resurfaced into town stretch and they just overlaid the existing and raised the gullies and manholes and thats lasted.

They closed the stretch between Linley Lane & Hollybank Road during the day but it was open during the rush hours, not sure the exact times theyve been closing it but it's been open when i've been coming to/from work and thats around 8am & 5pm. However that stretch is now done so I assume the next stretch is between Dyke Vale Road & Linley Lane. I can only guess the diversion will be Dyke Vale Road, Silkstone Road, Birley Moor Road then either back down Linley Lane or Hollybank.

They closed the stretch between Linley Lane & Hollybank Road during the day but it was open during the rush hours, not sure the exact times theyve been closing it but it's been open when i've been coming to/from work and thats around 8am & 5pm. However that stretch is now done so I assume the next stretch is between Dyke Vale Road & Linley Lane. I can only guess the diversion will be Dyke Vale Road, Silkstone Road, Birley Moor Road then either back down Linley Lane or Hollybank.

Yeah looking on a map that would seem the least disruptive diversion and anyone living on Woodhouse road would have to get off at the stop just before Motormania.

For the previous road closure up hollybank road and then down linley lane would have been best. Which right turn could they not make as plenty of room for a bus to turn right onto hollybank road.

Be nice if there was some information from the highways section of the council though so you can try and plan routes and therefore easing congestion.

I'm not saying it wasn't closed just saying closures aren't on the signs.

How did you did out it was closed other than when the bus was diverted. What diversion route did you have to take? As I can't see where you mean when you say round the block. From top of normington hill it would have to go via stradbroke road to get to Woodhouse and miss out normington hill, coisley hill, Sheffield road.

Well I kind of concluded that 'Road Closed' on a big red sign meant that the road was closed, which was WHY the bus was diverted

It came down Sheffield Road, across Coisley Hill Roundabout, then took the first left (refusing to stop for a woman with her hand out :mad: )