I dont believe it normanton hill

Perhaps jubby is referring to signs that were put up before the roadworks started which state the dates etc. I know on those it just states delays possible but nothing about actually closing the road.

Well I kind of concluded that 'Road Closed' on a big red sign meant that the road was closed, which was WHY the bus was diverted

It came down Sheffield Road, across Coisley Hill Roundabout, then took the first left (refusing to stop for a woman with her hand out :mad: )

I'm referring to the signs that are at either side of the planned work not any sign that may be out up during work on small parts of the planned area.

Also that would be going into town and not out of it so would be no right turn to make as it turns left at the top of normington hill ( on its normal route).

Found out more about stradbroke road.

Work will now start on 15 may (due to diversion with normington hill)

There will be traffic lights outside the school with two planned closures on the two Sundays after work starts.

This is via email from highways planning section of SCC

You guys seriously have nothing to complain about. You should see my road.

Granted, it's private so it's no-one's responsibility than ours to resurface but it sort of stops the postie using it as it as a race course.

the road works are all to do with the the work being done on city school,to make sure all the pupilswho have to cross the road can do so safely,this road is a rat run of speeding inconsiderate drivers evan adults struggle to cross it so well done street force for making it safer.ring andy thirlwall on 01142735261 and let him explain

You guys seriously have nothing to complain about. You should see my road.

Granted, it's private so it's no-one's responsibility than ours to resurface but it sort of stops the postie using it as it as a race course.

I'm not complaining about the work just the lack of information about how it will affect me.

Due to me living in the area - stradbroke road is at te end of my road and I can't avoid it as their is only one way on and off and normington hill is only about 1/2 mile from my house and I use the r/a at the end all the time so any work could have a knock on affect to me getting to work/home etc.

Our estate only has the pot holes filled about once every 3 month. They refuse to resurface as closing of the entire estate to do the work for min two weeks would be too disruptive and also cause problems for emergency services and other services like school and hospital transports.

the road works are all to do with the the work being done on city school,to make sure all the pupilswho have to cross the road can do so safely,this road is a rat run of speeding inconsiderate drivers evan adults struggle to cross it so well done street force for making it safer.ring andy thirlwall on 01142735261 and let him explain

I don't use the road as a "rat run" as I live just of the road and have no other way of getting to my road except via stradbroke road.

As mentioned before no problem with the works but not knowing how it will affect me is vital as I have no other alternative except using stradbroke road to get out/come home.

jubby

did you not get a letter off street force telling you what was happening we did ring the number i gave outhe is the man incharge of the works hope this will help

jubby

did you not get a letter off street force telling you what was happening we did ring the number i gave outhe is the man incharge of the works hope this will help

No letter - first found out when I saw the signs.

Looked on website nothing - sent email hot reply 3 days later.

Personally i feel it should be on the website the week before the signs go up as it directs you to the website.

No letter - first found out when I saw the signs.

Looked on website nothing - sent email hot reply 3 days later.

Personally i feel it should be on the website the week before the signs go up as it directs you to the website.

I feel it's the work at City School that is causing the most problems as the road is chock fill with works vans and lorries.

You get blocked at any point from the old entrance to the bridge now.

Let's see what knock on effect this work has on these as they won't be allowed to park when work starts tomorrow. Will they move up towards Richmond end or Woodhouse end.

jubby

First saw the sign last Saturday so couldn't phone. Went on website on the Sunday no information there.

Sent email as still couldn't phone - was passed onto correct dept on Monday. Got reply Thursday.

Work is starting a week later than sign states.

its only about 3 weeks ago that all the pot holes were filled in, and today the road is closed and they are resurfacing the whole of normanton hill what a waste of time and money.

cause they are cheap skates and use crap materials they should have done it right the first time