How to prove my nationality

Hi

I am faced with a bit of a tricky situation with which i hope you nice people can help.

I need to prove my nationality at the registry office and my passport is expired and i cannot find my birth certificate.

Are there any other documents/certificates that i could use to prove my nationality?

Thanks

I think you can take your expired passport

Get someone to fart in the registry office, if you're English you wont be able to stand there and not laugh.

Hi

I am faced with a bit of a tricky situation with which i hope you nice people can help.

I need to prove my nationality at the registry office and my passport is expired and i cannot find my birth certificate.

Are there any other documents/certificates that i could use to prove my nationality?

Thanks

Name, age and nationality

Passports are ideal for this purpose but if you do not have a current valid passport we will advise you as to what other forms of documentation can be used to prove your nationality.

A driving licence or utility bill/bank statement showing your current address.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/register-office/getting-married.html

HTH.

I did go to the appointment and the lady did not "advise" me on any alternatives, she just said that i should get my passpost renewed - which means a visit to liverpool and 130ish pounds!

Assuming you are English, get a replacement birth certificate.

Getting a replacement birth cert in the uk is fairly easy , if you are doing it in sheffield it helps if you know where your parents were living at the time of your birth if you were born before 1974 as some of the areas are in differant books ie bradfield , worral etc that wernt part of sheffield at the time

Cut yourself in half, your nationality should be written through the middle of you.

But seriously you should renew your passport even when you are not using it. The cost is irrespective when you consider it lasts 10 years. £7.75 per year is cheap for such an important and highly regarded document that has multiple uses.

Edited by WeX

Cut yourself in half, your nationality should be written through the middle of you.

But seriously you should renew your passport even when you are not using it. The cost is irrespective when you consider it lasts 10 years. £7.75 per year is cheap for such an important and highly regarded document that has multiple uses.

What he said

Pre 1980 your nationality was stamped on the bottom of your left foot.

Hi

Thanks

You are a teacher and your passport " is expired ", don't you mean " has expired ". ? shish.