Vauxhall zafira 1.6 petrol gears stiff

Hi iv got a vauxhall zafira 1.6 petrol club.

The gears are Stiff to change.

Taking to garage this afternoon don't want to get ripped off when they tell me what's wrong.

My boyfriends sprayed where he can see with grease but not been on ramps yet.

Any advice would be great cheers kelly

I had this problem on an old VW a few years ago. Garage told me 'new gearbox, £750 +!!'

I went underneath and noticed the rubber gaitor underneath the gear lever (where it passes through the floor) had ripped. Took off the gearchage mechanism (4 bolts and 2 wires) stripped it down, cleaned and greased it, fitted new gaitor £11.50 + vat i think) put it back together and it was as good, perhaps better, than when I first got the car.

Bearing in mind the garage had had it up on a ramp for 45 minutes, I'm sure they knew what the propblem really was.

Hi iv got a vauxhall zafira 1.6 petrol club.

The gears are Stiff to change.

Taking to garage this afternoon don't want to get ripped off when they tell me what's wrong.

My boyfriends sprayed where he can see with grease but not been on ramps yet.

Any advice would be great cheers kelly

In descending order,gear shift mechanism needs lubrication or new joints, clutch needs adjusting or replacing, gearbox faulty.

gear box oil level. try city clutch on derek dooley way. has for steve or chris good prices

Yeah I'd second this advice, best to get it checked out.

And I'd tale it to city clutch, they're good with gearbox probs and won't rip you off.