Does being a single mum put men off??

^^^^^^^ Very true. It wouldn't bother me unless the child was an awful brat or you simply don't get along.

I think it probably comes down to age. Younger people may be put off by children from former relationships. Once you get a bit older, you tend to expect that a lot of women you meet will have children already.

Hi everyone...just wondering if men are put off going on date or starting a relationship with someone who is a single mum. Be honest :)

Are you a yummy mummy or the honey monster?

It should not put men off if they wanted a relationship with a woman but has a child/children they should except that those kids are a package either except her and package or don't get involved either way but men should except a woman for who she is and what she has

My wife was really not a single Mom. She was a widow with two little hellions aged 9 and 11 at the time. I was a widower too with a 20 year old son. I wondered what I was getting into but went ahead and married her. I inherited a massive Irish and Irish American family, and the two hellions survived to become great fathers to my seven grandkids. We're renewing our vows at the end of this month after 30 years of marriage.

My wife was really not a single Mom. She was a widow with two little hellions aged 9 and 11 at the time. I was a widower too with a 20 year old son. I wondered what I was getting into but went ahead and married her. I inherited a massive Irish and Irish American family, and the two hellions survived to become great fathers to my seven grandkids. We're renewing our vows at the end of this month after 30 years of marriage.

Congrats. Buck, I'm so glad everything worked out well we often only hear about the ones which don't:)

Hi everyone...just wondering if men are put off going on date or starting a relationship with someone who is a single mum. Be honest :)

Nah, some blokes like the 'mumsy' types ;)

Nice one!

I think what you mean is she wasn't a "BROKEN BRITAIN" type mom :)

Some people just don't want to take on other peoples children, weather the other parent has involvement or not. Some people seek a relationship that is based on spontaneous decisions. When I met my wife five hundred years ago, we'd go to the coast for a bag 'o chips, even went to Lanzarote for a steak one time. Then the ankle biters came along (planned I'll add) and the last minute life-style dissolved. They're all now approaching their mid to late teens and BELIEVE me, we'll be away without a care in the world....again, just as soon as they're old enough to be left and trusted not to burn to the ground or sell the house before we get back.

Yes crumb snatchers are a responsibility that can last an indefinite amount of time, and if the little darling is someone else's, and maybe not the best behaved or mannered, could be a bus sizes spanner.

I would imagine.

Edited by walkertelecoms

No not at all, we would have done it sooner had we been able to afford it, my commitment shouldn't be in question..

Doesn't cost a lot to get married unless............................. ?

Edited by Lucifer
Add to