Recession - buy now or wait?

Rooms all look small and cramped.

The house may be light and airy but the pictures do not convey this, they seem very dark and stuffy.

Garden needs a mow and tidy up.

Wide angle lens and alternative pictures would help.

Honest opinion from a FTB'er.

Honest but ignorant,insensitive and rude-the house seems fine and no suggestion of scruffiness.I think you saw a reflection in your PC of mums place:hihi:

I don't know if it has something/nothing or everything to do with the posts on here and on other similar threads but I have had a positive viewing yesterday and two more lined up for tomorrow, so wish me luck.

Gnvqsos- please get over yout FM phobia- as I said before my fridge is no longer in the property- infact it is now in the kitchen of my new house and has even more FMs on it.

Thank you for the advice about shaggy rugs though!

Its not a phobia(check its meaning)-the shaggy rugs are always are good party ice breaker.

Honest but ignorant,insensitive and rude-the house seems fine and no suggestion of scruffiness.I think you saw a reflection in your PC of mums place:hihi:

Oh well, the OP put it up for scrutiny, and that's what I did. Constructively.

Oh well, the OP put it up for scrutiny, and that's what I did. Constructively.

I appreciate your taking the time to comment- it isn't the biggest house ever and the pics were taken in January when the natural light isn't so great and people don't tend to mow their lawns.

Had three really positive viewings this weekend so can't be doing too much wrong- only need the offers now.

I appreciate your taking the time to comment- it isn't the biggest house ever and the pics were taken in January when the natural light isn't so great and people don't tend to mow their lawns.

Had three really positive viewings this weekend so can't be doing too much wrong- only need the offers now.

if this was me, I would be insisting that the estate agent came and redid the photos, preferably on a bright sunny day - especially now that the fridge isn't there. For me first impressions come straight from that internet page - we discounted so many 'great' houses based on that first look. I'm sure a lot had potential, but they didn't make our filter / cut.

Good luck with your viewings, it's a very stressful business buying / selling houses!