Old Sheffield pubs from the past gone for ever

The phoenix at Ridgeway, still there but gone forever if you get my drift, Used to be a popular, cosy local with lots of intimate rooms, now another sprawling pub co 'conversion'.

The phoenix at Ridgeway, still there but gone forever if you get my drift, Used to be a popular, cosy local with lots of intimate rooms, now another sprawling pub co 'conversion'.

Post 90. Are you old enough to remember the hot dogs Mike?

only one pub on shiregreen now and thats empty

Can anyone remember what the pub next to the Bowling green pub at the bottom of Grimesthorpe road was called, any pictures of it knocking about.

the pub your on about was called the bee hive

I first went in the phoenix in 1975, hot dogs rings a bell though, enlighten me!.

Used to love the Phoenix so sorry its been done like that, it was a great cosy pub. Mind you the same was done to the Lansdowne on London Road many years ago, it was ruined before it was taken away from us that loved it.:cool:

Just read about the hot dogs, a bit before my time but it was probably my Dad who used to indulge!. I do remember a guy who lived at Charnock who came in most nights in the 70s. His nightly tipple was a Carlsberg special brew/Barley wine mix (almost 20% strength!) after a few of them he would stagger home. Think he died!.

I remember the Jazz nights around the early sixties very cool! I had a cigarette holder and wore a beret.

a pub called the north pole somewhere near attercliffe my granddad could be found in there every afternoon when he should have been at work. then there was the travelers on the moor, and the one at the bottom of cambridge streer which ive forgot the name of but had a reputation as a venue for transvestites and girls of dubious reputation. then the old mullberry tavern off norfolk st i used to go when there was saw dust on the floor that was manyears ago

Does anyone have a photo or any information on the" Blucher" I think it was on Brightside Lane and got demolished in the 1950s my dad used to go in the Wellington Brightside Lane and often spoke about the Blucher which was named after the Prussian general who fought with Wellington at Waterloo.

a pub called the north pole somewhere near attercliffe my granddad could be found in there every afternoon when he should have been at work. then there was the travelers on the moor, and the one at the bottom of cambridge streer which ive forgot the name of but had a reputation as a venue for transvestites and girls of dubious reputation. then the old mullberry tavern off norfolk st i used to go when there was saw dust on the floor that was manyears ago

The one on Cambridge Street was the Barleycorn - I used to use the Albert on the corner of Cambridge Street / Division Street in the early '70's.

I remember working at a small pokey little stones pub back in the 70s just off the cliff, think it was after Carbrook Hall and there was a small scrapyard behind it but can't remember name.

I remember going in that once in the late 70's - I think that apart from the Hanover it was the only place in SHeffield with hand pulled Stones. Main thing I remember is me and my two mates being the only customers and a mouse running along the bar.

I'm sure it will feature in old CAMRA real ale guides.