Old Sheffield pubs from the past gone for ever

Started work on Carlisle st in 70s,used to be Alex,Carwood,Crown Carlosle and Norfolk,none now exist.

Anyone remember the Nag's Head at Shalesmoor? Near the Tram stop? Several years ago when my late Uncle Les and his wife were alive, they had their Wedding anniversary in there, a proper old fashioned do with singing and dancing, and our Les getting rather drunk, lol.

Hi Garbo

Sorry I don't have any photos. The Kings Head was probably a little before my time as I used to knock around the Broughton Lane area as a kid, late 60's early 70's. I do remember a lot of the pubs as my parents and their families were from that area and went in most of them, lol.

I have a kind of hand-drawn sketch of the area showing most, if not all, of the pubs. I'm not sure it's 100% accurate or if all the pubs existed at the same time but somebody went to a fair bit of trouble trying to illustrate the mammoth scale of an Attercliffe pub crawl. Some of it is a little difficult to read.

If you want to send me a private message with your e-mail address I'll send you a scan of it.

Chris

Anyone remember the Nag's Head at Shalesmoor? Near the Tram stop? Several years ago when my late Uncle Les and his wife were alive, they had their Wedding anniversary in there, a proper old fashioned do with singing and dancing, and our Les getting rather drunk, lol.

I remember going in there when Anita was the landlady. That must be at least fifteen years ago!!

Started work on Carlisle st in 70s,used to be Alex,Carwood,Crown Carlosle and Norfolk,none now exist.

The Corner Pin is still there, I was in yesterday briefly. It's about all that's left in that area.

The Corner Pin is still there, I was in yesterday briefly. It's about all that's left in that area.

been past that many times, but always thought it looked a but unsavoury!

been past that many times, but always thought it looked a but unsavoury!

I was in mid afternoon. Vernon, who runs it is a friendly guy, I've been in a few times, no problems.

might have a drive round there friday after work, fancy taking some photos round there

I remember working at a small pokey little stones pub back in the 70s just off the cliff, think it was after Carbrook Hall and there was a small scrapyard behind it but can't remember name.

aye, the scrap yard ran up to the carbrooks beer garden, george banks was there, and smiths gauges, over dunlop street to where the school was

think the excel was wards, and that was on the corner but opposite direction from the scrappie

Can anyone remember what the pub next to the Bowling green pub at the bottom of Grimesthorpe road was called, any pictures of it knocking about.