Old Sheffield pubs from the past gone for ever

They have even renamed my old regular the Sheaf on the Frazer estate some silly name I think its renamed the Ale house or something stupid, I don't under stand this renaming thing do they think renaming the thing will make it more busy, crazy what happens to some good old pubs nowadays.

I used to love the Moseley as well, went in a few times, loved the Hermo used to go in Lansdowne across road every Friday night. The Tramway was great also; as were all the pubs on London Road, I gather the Sheldon now shut as well.

Don't get me started on today's pubs, way, way too poncey :gag::gag:

The Sheldon is now .......................student flats! :rolleyes:

The Sheldon is now .......................student flats! :rolleyes:

OMG that is heartbreaking :o:o

A question, I will be visiting Sheffield later this year are there any "old" traditional pubs still open? This will save me time in looking for them, thanks.

lablade

not many left now but bath hotel still has that old pub feeling about it

la blade

its off glossop rd where notre dame school was,at the back of the old baths

One of the first pubs I ever went in and the first pub I got chucked out of.

was in last wed just after noon only me in but the witherspoons in front of it was doing a good trade,pity as the pint of summer hare i had was very good

Just trying to remember a couple of pubs in Town center I've forgot the names off: The first was directly across the street from the Mulberry Tavern, the next was after a beer in the Blue Bell you would exit out of the backdoor to a pub called the ?. And finally after watching concerts at the City Hall we would rush outside to a small pub to have a couple of jars called ?. Cheers.

They have even renamed my old regular the Sheaf on the Frazer estate some silly name I think its renamed the Ale house or something stupid, I don't under stand this renaming thing do they think renaming the thing will make it more busy, crazy what happens to some good old pubs nowadays.

it should be illegal to change the name of a pub in my view.