Old Sheffield pubs from the past gone for ever

Have you looked on "picture Sheffield", that shows some of the many lost pubs including the Old. No. 12. There's a good photo of the Rotherham House 1940-59 before the market was built, exactly as I remember it.

Regards,

Duffems

It originally was the Sun Inn on the Haymarket then it became the Old No.12, it later moved into Exchange Street which became the Berni Inn (latterly the Market Tavern).

Always thought it was the Rotherham House

Oops just seen above threads!

Always thought it was the Rotherham House

Oops just seen above threads!

Look at "picture Sheffield", it shows them all. Confused, so am I!

Used to do the West Street Crawl then back on Division Street. Usually finished at the Prince of Wales trying to hit up on the landlords daughter :-) if she wasn't working at the Royal Oak.

That great old pub on West St, the Mailcoach is now called The Wick At Both Ends whats that all about. :huh:

Why was the Saddle demolished? Museum also a shadow of its former self

Used to do the West Street Crawl then back on Division Street. Usually finished at the Prince of Wales trying to hit up on the landlords daughter :-) if she wasn't working at the Royal Oak.

Was the landlord called Des at that time, One of the best Sheffield landlords ever.

Was the landlord called Des at that time, One of the best Sheffield landlords ever.

No it was Nancy. mid / late 60's

No it was Nancy. mid / late 60's

I remember Nancy worked at the Royal Oak when Eric Whittington kept it.

It was the most packed pub ever in Sheffield ,Eric used to leave his Radio Gram on the stair landing and you could put any record on you liked as long as it was Sinatra.

I remember Nancy worked at the Royal Oak when Eric Whittington kept it.

It was the most packed pub ever in Sheffield ,Eric used to leave his Radio Gram on the stair landing and you could put any record on you liked as long as it was Sinatra.

Yep then her daughter worked there also !

anyone got any infomation about the station hotel on attercliffe road in attercliffe. Mainy about what was inside of the pub like the wallpaper, did the landlord have his own wallpaper made around the time 1975?. If anyone does have any infomation can you please get back to me, would be greatly apresiated thankyou:)

Hi All

anyone got any info about the crown & anchor on corporation street, my gr , gr , gr , grandad ran it according to the 1871 census his name was Thomas holmes and his wife caroline

Hi All

anyone got any info about the crown & anchor on corporation street, my gr , gr , gr , grandad ran it according to the 1871 census his name was Thomas holmes and his wife caroline

Hi,

don't seem to be able to find a Crown & Anchor on Corporation Street,

do you have the census image ?