Old Sheffield pubs from the past gone for ever

Traveling around Sheffield it is so sad to see how many pubs have gone from all areas of Sheffield, history has gone for good some of them were great old buildings some not so good, all full of memories for the regulars who frequented them in the past, names and faces from the past landlords and characters all of them do you have a story about your long gone regular pub.

no, but can remember quite a few

exel on attercliffe

commercial inn

bridge inn

the one at the end of brightside lane

stumble inn/pheasant

Dont forget the Lambpool

The Albert, Barkers Pool/Canbridge Street

Spent my childhood The Dial House, although that was a club not a pub. Beautiful building.

It was depressing for me during a visit in 2010 and doing a nostalgic re-visit of old pubs in and around Sheffield which were still open there (especially ones in the my old Pitsmoor area) and to see how they had “changed,” over the years! :|

It was depressing for me during a visit in 2010 and doing a nostalgic re-visit of old pubs in and around Sheffield which were still open there (especially ones in the my old Pitsmoor area) and to see how they had “changed,” over the years! :|
must agree pitsmoor and Attercliffe are dead now had my stag night night on cliffe cant remember nowt that sez enough... must have been 100 boozers down common! any body remember them:help:

There are hundreds and there have been loads of threads on them in the past.The book A Pub On Every Corner lists every one if you can get hold of it.

no, but can remember quite a few

exel on attercliffe

commercial inn

bridge inn

the one at the end of brightside lane

stumble inn/pheasant

Do you mean The Excelsior?

Do you mean The Excelsior?

aye, round here its the excel though :D

there were another opposite on the corner of dunlop street too, but cant remember the name of that

On the corner of Dunlop St. and Milford St. was the Kings Head, then a little further was the Dunlop Inn, a little further still was the White Lion.

Chris

On the corner of Dunlop St. and Milford St. was the Kings Head, then a little further was the Dunlop Inn, a little further still was the White Lion.

Chris

Excellent, you dont have any photos do you?, or pinpoint them on a map for me?

assume you can remember it when the school was there?