Engagement Shoot location suggestions

Hi Guys & Girls,

My fiancee and I are to be married this August. As part of our photography package we are having a pre-wedding engagement shoot.

We're after suggestions for any picturesque/interesting location suggestions where we can get some lovely photos together. We're thinking along the lines of the Yorkshire dales as we know there will be lots of nice places there but just dont know exactly where they are. We're also open to other suggestions!!

Any suggestions would be great, thanks!!

Peak District's closer and views are just as good.

Top of Mam Tor on a breezy day.

Winnats Pass.

Peveril Castle.

Buxton.

Cressbrook.

Dove Dale....................

The list is endless

I have a friend who had a set of black and white photos done in the Rivelin Valley all dressed in their wedding outfits. They were the most amazing photos ever, the best wedding photos I've ever seen.

I realise that that's not in the Dales...

Edited by angrymumtwo

we had thought about having it at the same location however we would prefer some variation between engagement shoot and wedding day photos. Looking at his portfolio we have zero worries that our photographer will maximise any location.

we had thought about having it at the same location however we would prefer some variation between engagement shoot and wedding day photos. Looking at his portfolio we have zero worries that our photographer will maximise any location.

You say that the portfolio is good , I would just ask around to see what people who have used him think

Good answer. You may as well get the most for your money and get something really special.

BTW - never doubted the photographer. It's usually the bride and groom who benefit from seeing how the day will flow with what photographs they can get.

If the tog has taken pictures there before it would be worth familiarising yourself with what they do as it will make your day go easier and be a little less stressful.

Enjoy the big day!

Im gonna say get down to Sutton Scarsdale Hall

its a preserved ruin just off junction 29a and is excellent for photos, great views over to bolsover, its quiet, parking for your entourage, and i think it would make a great start to your celebrations.