Sheffield supermarket fuel, good or bad?

I`ve heard from many people including mechanics that supermarket fuel is cheaper for one reason and that`s because it`s full of cr*p and will clog your filters up. Has anyone heard this or had something go wrong with the car because of it?

I`ve heard from many people including mechanics that supermarket fuel is cheaper for one reason and that`s because it`s full of cr*p and will clog your filters up. Has anyone heard this or had something go wrong with the car because of it?

it's cheaper because they bulk buy, i've bought petrol at morrisons ect for many years and never had no probs.:huh:

My sister used to work for a petrochemical firm, most of the time, they don't even know what oil belongs to who because it's all done by futures trading and stuff - it's ridiculous. The idea that the supermarket fuel is substandard is entirely wrong.

My sister used to work for a petrochemical firm, most of the time, they don't even know what oil belongs to who because it's all done by futures trading and stuff - it's ridiculous. The idea that the supermarket fuel is substandard is entirely wrong.

That is right-its like gas and electricity.The oil is pooled in large reservoirs,cisterns and the like.each firm then draws an amount related to its contribution.I have heard some simple peeps say

"My car runs best on Whiffy Gasoline" but they are deluded.

Absolutely correct, it's all pretty much the same. The base product is identical, premium fuels just have additives to enhance it (so they can advertise it as being 'better').

Sometimes using supermarket fuel can be poor and cause problems with some vehicles normally newer vehicles, but generally if it isn't causing a problem you should be fine. So to answer the question yes from experience working in a prestige dealership it can happen from time to time and simple fix would be as easy as trying another fuel station.