Did GM win us promotion

SpecialPG

I'm just thinking back to when Meggo basically pulled swfc out of two of the cups by fielding weaker teams, over all i wonder if not playing in extended cup runs helped us in the long run, last thing we would have needed over the last 3 months is cup matches stopping our chase of united in the league, and it seemed we just got stronger as the season went on while united faltered at the last. just a thought

meggo does deserve some credit for our great season, they were his players apart from 2 loan signings, but dave jones came in tweeked a few things n got us in championship so fair play to him but meggo well done too

that feeling i got at the final whistle today was 10 times better than any cup success i've witnessed

was pretty fantastic mate,better than cardiff and is up there with the semi against utd at wembely all those years ago,lets hope that we expirence this again in 12 months time !!UTO

Edited by animal2477

I would even rate it higher than my experience at the all sheff semi, this has had ups and downs all season, what a rollercoaster of emotions were we're scereaming with excitment and the blades are puking into sick bags right now

I would even rate it higher than my experience at the all sheff semi, this has had ups and downs all season, what a rollercoaster of emotions were we're scereaming with excitment and the blades are puking into sick bags right now

maybe when it's sunk in a bit more you'll probably be right !! :hihi::hihi:

The ones getting drunk in Exeter might be :hihi:

I think you won promotion because you got shot of Megson - the impact Jones had as a fresh face after the reported unease between Megson and the Chairman can't be underestimated - I honestly don't think you'd have responded so many times in the chase under Megson. Jones is clearly a good manager and highly respected by his players, and has made a huge difference to the approach on the pitch.

Hardest thing for Jones now might be to keep expectations grounded next season - after Saints and Norwich went straight through the Championship, it'd be understandable some owls might think you can do the same next year, especially with some good signings.

what a load of rubbish,

you didnt even watch it you were posting on here allday listening to it on owls player

and back to the original question, mandaric got you promoted not the ginger whinger as he had the bottle to get rid of him

All but two players were brought in by Meggy,the guy made DJs job very easy and deserves the lions share of the credit for his hard work in doing DJs spade work.

DJ took it on and tweaked it......hard to say if Meggy would have done any different as he wasnt given that chance