Stevenage vs Blades ..PLAY-OFF Thread

Those are the three times United have lost in the playoff final, yes? Are they the only three times they've been in the playoffs at all?

No we lost to Sunderland one season i believe

United won't go up.

Never know aaron, one in four chance, same as the others. It'd certainly make up for finishing third if we did! As a blade having seen the last three playoff finals though, it would not surprise me if we lost 1-0 in the final again...!

I'm glad that we fought back for that draw last week against Stevenage, at least we know we can get through them now... just need to defend a bit better!

Those are the three times United have lost in the playoff final, yes? Are they the only three times they've been in the playoffs at all?

We lost in the old style playoffs when it was one from the old Division two and three from Division three in 1988, losing to Bristol City over 2 legs - in the current style though, we've reached the final three times from four, and lost them all...

Are they the only three times they've been in the playoffs at all?

Lost to Sunderland in the POSF in 97/98 and to Bristol City in the POSF in 87/88.

Play-offs it is and if we can play like we did the last 35 minutes against Stevenage it will be a day out at Wembley for the Red and White Wizards

If only it was that simple …….. I look forward to the chance of a night in London, as for the game …… that’s a different story.

i hope you can win it but i can't see it tbh, i think you will get your day out in london but i reckon whoever you get will be too strong. no doubt you will get promoted now with ease :hihi:

dont envy utd for getting the play-offs,i for one wouldn't want stevenage there no push overs and the blades arn't at there best as the last few weeks have shown,i hope they do get up this season wouldn't have been what it was without them !!

A few Silly comments on here from the usual culprits.

Cresswell was taken off as he was up front on his own and was running around like a headless chicken having to work back and left and right up front. Standard proceedure when a striker gets sent off.

Canadablade if we do make it to the Play-Off Final and you do seriously want to come over, take a look at the flights and get in touch with me and should you want to I can sort you a ticket out. If you want to go a step extra then head to Sheffield and you can always come down on our coach as we usually have 1 or 2 reserve seats in place, would be happy for you to come down and have a drink with us pre match and go to the game with us lot.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves however but like I said if we do achieve it and you are serious, get in touch mate would be happy to help you.

CB - Good luck to blades in the playoffs. We could all advance with our city rivalry.

Stevenage taken 10 points from 12 vs Owls & Blades ...

Stevenage taken 10 points from 12 vs Owls & Blades ...

United 17 and Owls 20 points ahead of Stevenage...