Stevenage vs Blades ..PLAY-OFF Thread

First game at the lane I ever went to.

Fantastic night :hihi:

Glad you enjoyed your first game at the lane, but can you tell me who scored bristol citys goal at the lane in the 0-0 DRAW (you was there) clue it was a x wednesday player!

Glad you enjoyed your first game at the lane, but can you tell me who scored bristol citys goal at the lane in the 0-0 DRAW (you was there) clue it was a x wednesday player!

0-0 draw and a goal???

I have no idea - I don't remember anything about the game. I don't remember the score line and until someone said it was Bristol City above, I wouldn't even have remembered the opposition. I just remember it was the play off where you ended near the foot of your league, and you played off against the opposition near the top of the league below. And I remember little else other than standing in the corner(ish) area in between your kop and old John Street stand, politely clapping as the blades did their lap of dishonour, and giggling away childishly (as I was a mere young un at the time).

0-0 draw and a goal???

I have no idea - I don't remember anything about the game. I don't remember the score line and until someone said it was Bristol City above, I wouldn't even have remembered the opposition. I just remember it was the play off where you ended near the foot of your league, and you played off against the opposition near the top of the league below. And I remember little else other than standing in the corner(ish) area in between your kop and old John Street stand, politely clapping as the blades did their lap of dishonour, and giggling away childishly (as I was a mere young un at the time).

Ok, but for your information the game was not a 0-0 draw, it was 1-1 Carl Shut put bristol 1 up!

Ok, but for your information the game was not a 0-0 draw, it was 1-1 Carl Shut put bristol 1 up!

Thanks for letting me know. I'll pass that on to randyblade who I quoted in my post.

I wouldn't like Wednesday to have to beat Stevenage over two legs to get to Wembley. I just don't think Stevenage will feel under pressure so much, purely because they're a small club from a small town, and are not the favourites. It's a shame you have a depleted team, because I'd feel a lot more confident for you if you were at full strength.

Definitely squeaky bum time, both home and away.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll pass that on to randyblade who I quoted in my post.

Thank you, I had the misfortune too bump into a old wednesday friend sunday. who said to me if you cant beat Stevenage you dont deserve to go up, when i told him is team shouldnt have been promoted then He didnt have a clue what i was on about. If i give you is details can you pass this on to him, They beat His team 5-1 and 2-0 Thank you

I know our play off history is underwhelming (how can we forget) but that should have no bearing this season, the people with the hangups are the fans as we are the ones with the negative experience and we need to get over it, Quinny apart no one else should have bad play off experiences with the Blades and Wilson/Barlow should be drumming into the Blades that we are 17pts better than Stevenage and therefore better than them

The last thing we need is an atmosphere of Blades peed off at being in the play offs and equating play offs with defeat, we need some optimism......i imagine Stevenage are thrilled to be in play offs and buzzing at the prospect and dissapointing as it is for us we need to now take the positives of being in the play offs e.g We still have a chance of promotion

Er....I think this is their fourth or fifth time in the play offs? I will need to check unless someone else knows the correct number.

Thank you, I had the misfortune too bump into a old wednesday friend sunday. who said to me if you cant beat Stevenage you dont deserve to go up, when i told him is team shouldnt have been promoted then He didnt have a clue what i was on about. If i give you is details can you pass this on to him, They beat His team 5-1 and 2-0 Thank you

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: Nice one - thats made me chuckle :D

Just seen that tickets for the Bramall Lane game are from £13! God that's cheap! Well done to the United board for trying to get people into the ground

As I said a few weeks ago Scoobs, I don't agree with play offs, never have, the FA take 50% of the money. After Gold and Silver in the 100 metres, the rest of the field don't run again for Bronze. This is a moneyspinner for the FA, so charging people less (after they have paid out all season) and giving the FA less is, in my opinion, the right thing to do.

If we get to Wembley I might be glory hunting mate...will send you an e-mail if i can sort a flight etc

Look forward to that if it happens pal.

Well the season is a marathon not a sprint.

It can't be judged on the head to head between two teams.

Otherwise second spot would have been settled in February when we beat you at Hillsborough to make it 4 points to 1 in derby's.

Unfortunately (for the blades), the play off's are a sprint. And so you do have to do it head to head.

How did your two games so far this season against Stevenage go?

p.s. It was 5-1 and 1-0, but I suspect you knew that anyway.

Edited by F. Sidebottom

I think Huddersfield are the most likely team to go through the play offs it might be United and Huddersfield in the final,Huddersfield are on a high and look a good team.

Well the season is a marathon not a sprint.

It can't be judged on the head to head between two teams.

Otherwise second spot would have been settled in February when we beat you at Hillsborough to make it 4 points to 1 in derby's.

Unfortunately (for the blades), the play off's are a sprint. And so you do have to do it head to head.

How did your two games so far this season against Stevenage go?

p.s. It was 5-1 and 1-0, but I suspect you knew that anyway.

I totally agree the season is a marathan not a sprint, and you finished second so deserve to go up, what i was trying to get across was the ignorance of some wednesday fans * Its only little Stevenage so should romp it*