Help! The wedding dress disaster

I bought my wedding dress from Berketex in Sheffield and it wasn't a cheap one it cost me just over a £1000 and that was with 25% off!!, was sooooo excited when got the news it already came untill I went for my first fitting today... the dress looked too short on front was sticking upwards and u could nearly see my shoes! Surely this not ment to be like that but when me and my cousin who been there with me (she's my bridesmaid) have pointed it out the lady in shop was making excuses that it is ment to look like that,that this is a standard measurements ect. we made a comment that I've never seen bride whos dress looked so short and in their photo albums with their clients in there was no even one pic of the bride with dress with simmilar lengh to mine.My arguments that the sample dress I tried on was bit longer and the exact lengh i wanted was commented with some more excuses with the "standard leng".She called other two ladies who worked there and they was trying to blame it on my "poor quality hoop", then on my shoes (which they're only 2.5inch high!) so we tried their hoop and some of their shoes with even smaller heel but the effect was still same! I was nearly in tears!!! They brought brand new hoop bit smaller and it made it look bit better, I was so fed up and dissapointed I just agreed on whatever they said, so I beged them for the hoop which they're going to charged me for as well! I'm dreding that Iwon't feel 100% in my dress and it's going to spoil my Big Day. I don't know what to do.. Is there any help for me??

I bought my wedding dress from Berketex in Sheffield and it wasn't a cheap one it cost me just over a £1000 and that was with 25% off!!, was sooooo excited when got the news it already came untill I went for my first fitting today... the dress looked too short on front was sticking upwards and u could nearly see my shoes! Surely this not ment to be like that but when me and my cousin who been there with me (she's my bridesmaid) have pointed it out the lady in shop was making excuses that it is ment to look like that,that this is a standard measurements ect. we made a comment that I've never seen bride whos dress looked so short and in their photo albums with their clients in there was no even one pic of the bride with dress with simmilar lengh to mine.My arguments that the sample dress I tried on was bit longer and the exact lengh i wanted was commented with some more excuses with the "standard leng".She called other two ladies who worked there and they was trying to blame it on my "poor quality hoop", then on my shoes (which they're only 2.5inch high!) so we tried their hoop and some of their shoes with even smaller heel but the effect was still same! I was nearly in tears!!! They brought brand new hoop bit smaller and it made it look bit better, I was so fed up and dissapointed I just agreed on whatever they said, so I beged them for the hoop which they're going to charged me for as well! I'm dreding that Iwon't feel 100% in my dress and it's going to spoil my Big Day. I don't know what to do.. Is there any help for me??

maybe take to a tailor/seamstress and see if they can sew something to the bottom to maybe lenghen it a little bit?

you are right my daughter got married and you couldnt see her shoes when she tryed hre dress on have you payed for the dress. i got my daughters dress from china it was out off this world every 1 like it i only payed £100.00 and free postage i look at a wedding shop at the same dress and it was £3,000 and she got her hoop of ebay they are all new.

It's a oorganza skirt not sure if anything could be sawn to it.. But it's worth asking thank you. It just upsetting that because you pay a lot money for something it doesn't mean that the quality going to match the price..

dont take it.you have to sign a thing when you pick it up to say its how you want it and no marks etc. x make them change it.thats the whole point of b dress fitting

Thank you. Going to try the dress on again for the second opinion soon, hopefully will be able to sort something out as the wedding is only 9 weeks away. Yest the dress is paid in full and I'm guessing that's why they making it out as everything is ok.. I looked at ebay and wanted to buy dress from there which I absolutely loved and was from China too it cost only £120 wish I'd bought that now I'm sure I'd more happier and better off money wise as it seems in Berketex they charging u even for breathing it's ridiciuolus1

Edited by zuzanna13018

If you are not happy, keep to your guns and refuse it. The dress is usually the most special thing you will wear on that day, you want your husband to be to feel the same way you feel in it, amazing! If you dont feel amazing in it, it will worry you as you have already stated.

9 weeks i know is pushing it but it should of been right in the first place!

I completely agree with everyone above, you don't pay for something that's faulty and the people in the shop were just trying to talk you round so it would save them having to do alterations. It's an expensive dress, it needs to be right. Have you signed anything to say you accept it in its current state?

Thank you everyone. Spoke to shop manager she still tried to argue with me that the dress isn't too short but managed to get appointmebt to try the dress again and decide what to do with it. Plus she informed me that they could order another dress with extra leng but I'll have to pay for it!! Surely I shouldn't pay for their mistakes! The worst thing is the shop staff making it out as if it was all my fault not theirs, making me feel really bad even got to that point when I don't even want to go to the shop ever again.. Woerst experience ever

Could you speak to head office or even the maker or designer of the dress and see what they say? They should've measured you for the length - that is the point of fittings. Are you ridiculously tall? Lol!! If you are really unhappy and don't want the dress speak to citizens advice. When you buy anything it has to be fit for purpose and that clearly isn't. Good luck. xxx

i would really kick up a fuss and insist on at least trying on some other dresses in the shop and if you find one you like change it!! poor you good luck with it all xx