Power cut 3/05/12. us? When?

S5. 03/05/2012. We received a hand delivered letter dated 23/04/2012 saying power was going to be cut between 9.30a.m till 2.30p.m. So we were planned for it. Even local school was closed for day cos fire alarms and doors etc run on electric. not safe for kids to be in school. Totally Understandable. But took day off work, decided to take family out for a meal,because of no electric at home. Lovely meal. My daughter along with 59 other kids are sitting their last SATs in primary school,ready for progression into secondary next week. This day of closure could of seen them grasping one shred of information that would transfer their grades from a grade 4 to grade 5 or even grade 6. But, electric stayed on all day, NO power cut. I am disgusted with Northern Power Grid who said they would be repairing a fault on the network. Its cost us a considerable amount of money to take a day off work and a lunch out. Yes, I could of made a sandwich but thought the family deserved a treat as we were all together. Did anyone else experience this or did you or did you not have this power cut on S5?

S5. 03/05/2012. We received a hand delivered letter dated 23/04/2012 saying power was going to be cut between 9.30a.m till 2.30p.m. So we were planned for it. Even local school was closed for day cos fire alarms and doors etc run on electric. not safe for kids to be in school. Totally Understandable. But took day off work, decided to take family out for a meal,because of no electric at home. Lovely meal. My daughter along with 59 other kids are sitting their last SATs in primary school,ready for progression into secondary next week. This day of closure could of seen them grasping one shred of information that would transfer their grades from a grade 4 to grade 5 or even grade 6. But, electric stayed on all day, NO power cut. I am disgusted with Northern Power Grid who said they would be repairing a fault on the network. Its cost us a considerable amount of money to take a day off work and a lunch out. Yes, I could of made a sandwich but thought the family deserved a treat as we were all together. Did anyone else experience this or did you or did you not have this power cut on S5?

My mrs rung them up and they said they couldn't turn the sub station off for some reason and that we will be receiving another letter telling us what is going to happen and when.

Not very impressed myself as it is just taking the ****, kids were at home all day for nothing really and many parents will have had to make alternative arrangements or taken time off work.

My mrs rung them up and they said they couldn't turn the sub station off for some reason and that we will be receiving another letter telling us what is going to happen and when.

Not very impressed myself as it is just taking the ****, kids were at home all day for nothing really and many parents will have had to make alternative arrangements or taken time off work.

Thanks for standing up on this! this means another day off for parents when we can't afford it moredays of missing education for our kids. Can we get compensation? But ,there again we can't get today back for our kids. So, the school has had to shut for something that is out of their control, But our year 6 . kids are .victims

Shirecliffe, longley. but not to worry it didn't happen. |We all had aletter on23/04 so not to worry now. It'll probably happen in trhe middle of SATS week!

Thanks for that. I live in Longley but didn't receive a letter.