Quick << lens advice needed pls :)

I'm trying to buy (as a gift) some lenses, I think I need 58mm (the lens cap says 58mm and this is what I'm using as a reference) but I'm not 100% sure on the fitting.

I've seen these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GTMax-7pc-58mm-Filter-Inlclude/dp/B005O7O5PU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS?ie=UTF8&colid=Y4Q0H8W39XK&coliid=I2X725UXTN49F1

These say that they screw in, would that mean they sit just inside the outer ring of the current lens?

I don't want to order them and find out that the fitting is wrong and that they fall off and I look like a tool for buying the wrong ones!

They're for a Nikon 55-300mm lens, D3100 if you need to know.

Apologies if this all sounds rather simple but I don't trust myself near the big girl's toys and stick to a little 10MP digital jobby!

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Hmm, OK, 58mm is the size of the filter so I guess that is what you want to buy. not knowing what type I can give no further information sorry

Thanks for the reply Pete

The filters I'm looking at are four close-up diopters at +1, +2, +4 and +10 magnification, UV, Polarizer & Fluorescent glass filters if this helps

Sorry if I'm not giving much or the correct info, I really have no idea about these!

The lens cap size is the fiter size if you buy filter of that size they should fit

At the price of your Amazon link I can't imagine they are decent quality. One item from a reputable manufacturer would cost at least this much. They may be fine, but on the other hand they may be susceptible to lens flare because they haven't got the right coatings to prevent it. Cheaper brands can be OK but check reviews and star ratings. One or two good quality items will be more use than a bag of inferior goods.

At the price of your Amazon link I can't imagine they are decent quality.

If you get the reply in time, Id have a look at this on Ebay