Right to Buy opportunities

Just wondered if there was anyone out there who are taking up the new Right to Buy opportunities and what the experiences have been regarding finding a mortgage, deposits required, good mortgage advisors, etc?

I'm looking at doing this myself and would be interested in any advise/experience that may be out there?

Property is falling in price.

Save up for a bit longer if you are going to buy. Then buy when property is even cheaper.

Property is massively overvalued at the minute, even after the 30% falls from 2007, still got another 50% to go!

Just wondered if there was anyone out there who are taking up the new Right to Buy opportunities and what the experiences have been regarding finding a mortgage, deposits required, good mortgage advisors, etc?

I'm looking at doing this myself and would be interested in any advise/experience that may be out there?

If you are thinking of buying and its a house, you should be OK if you can get a mortgage. But bear in mind that if you lose your job, you`ll still have to pay it yourself for several months before you `d have any chance of getting help paying the interest part of the mortgage.

A word of warning for anyone thinking of buying a council flat that is leasehold. If the council decide to clad with insulation, the owner occupiers would get a large bill. The flats on Washington road/Sharrow are being done and even just 1 bedroomed flats are being billed for nearly £8k.

Save up for a bit longer if you are going to buy. Then buy when property is even cheaper.

Property is massively overvalued at the minute, even after the 30% falls from 2007, still got another 50% to go!

you sure about that,

i sold my house last year for 35k more than i paid for it in 2007.

I remember people saying to wait for the massive price drop since 2007, it never happened just think of all that wasted rent money. 60 months x 500 = 30k! If you can buy, buy. Property always raises in price over time.

I bought in 2007 and not only have we paid a quarter of our mortgage off, values in the area have gone up since we bought.